DLT enforcing use of twistlocks on container trucks

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I always try and give these a***h**es a wide berth, but there has been cases where a container has fallen off an overpass and dropped on to a car underneath. I see many of them around Bangkok where the handle is that bent up that the lock could not be engaged even if the driver bothered to try. :guns:
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ner-trucks

The Department of Land Transport is rigorously checking container trucks to enforce the installation and engagement of twistlocks to keep the cargo containers safely in place - and has found many drivers are still not using them.

Director-general Peraphon Thawornsupacharoen said on Tuesday that officials were aiming to check all container trucks to ensure that standard twistlocks were installed and used.

Inspections were being made at road stops and at public and private truck terminals and ports accessible to container trucks.

The Department of Land Transport is rigorously checking container trucks to enforce the installation and engagement of twistlocks to keep the cargo containers safely in place - and has found many drivers are still not using them.

Director-general Peraphon Thawornsupacharoen said on Tuesday that officials were aiming to check all container trucks to ensure that standard twistlocks were installed and used.

Inspections were being made at road stops and at public and private truck terminals and ports accessible to container trucks.

There have been many reported cases of insecurely fastened cargo containers falling off trucks, killing or injuring people, or spilling hazardous chemicals on roads.
Hazmat officials handle a cargo container containing chemicals that fell from a truck near Suk Sawat Road in Bangkok last year. (File photo by Pawat Laopaisarntaksin)
Hazmat officials handle a cargo container containing chemicals that fell from a truck near Suk Sawat Road in Bangkok last year. (File photo by Pawat Laopaisarntaksin)
php9a0axsAM.jpg (35.68 KiB) Viewed 214 times
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: DLT enforcing use of twistlocks on container trucks

Post by hhinner »

I'm sure they are rigorously checking, but I doubt that the enforcement is rigorous. Otherwise almost no containers would be on the road.