Thailand Immigration: TM30 24 hour reporting thread

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Thailand Immigration: TM30 24 hour reporting thread

Post by Norseman »

Hey hey, you have never encountered me before, and that is good for you!
But if your opinion is to be worth anything and I say they're not because what you are telling is just crap and barstool talk, so you better listen to me before I loose my temper.
You have time and time again attacked one of our moderators and I will no longer tolerate your posts. You are hereby dismissed. You are not quietly gone!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Norseman wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:38 pm Hey hey, you have never encountered me before, and that is good for you!
But if your opinion is to be worth anything and I say they're not because what you are telling is just crap and barstool talk, so you better listen to me before I loose my temper.
You have time and time again attacked one of our moderators and I will no longer tolerate your posts. You are hereby dismissed. You are not quietly gone!
I hope that was not directed at me as I was the post immediately before yours. Please indicate who you are directing your posts at. It would be less confusing.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Hello HHTel.
NO, this has nothing to do with you
It's all about T.O.M.
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

Norseman wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:22 pm Yes I have been a victim of the TM30 report.
IN KORAT!!!
Yes, I can confirm that the TM30 reporting requirements are being vigorously enforced in Korat, but, seemingly, only for those who leave the country.

The fine structure is as follows:

Foreigner who fails to report: 2000 baht
Local landlord who fails to report and wants a receipt: 800 baht
Local landlord who fails to report but doesn't need a receipt: 500 baht
Grim Reaper
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Grim Reaper »

There is a procedure within T&Cs for disagreements with Moderator actions - if anybody wishes to comment, use it.
You reap what you sow
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Grim Reaper wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:36 am There is a procedure within T&Cs for disagreements with Moderator actions - if anybody wishes to comment, use it.
How can I find the T&Cs ? My bookmark brings me to active topics and I don’t see a link to T&Cs.
Grim Reaper
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Grim Reaper »

These are the rules everybody agrees to adhere to when they sign up to use the forum viewtopic.php?t=1783

:offtopic:
You reap what you sow
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

All posts talking about reporting back to IO after 3 months to prove money is still in the account have been moved to the below. Let's keep this thread focused on the TM30 - 24 hour reporting.

'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23918
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Ratsima wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:38 am
Norseman wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:22 pm Yes I have been a victim of the TM30 report.
IN KORAT!!!
Yes, I can confirm that the TM30 reporting requirements are being vigorously enforced in Korat, but, seemingly, only for those who leave the country.

The fine structure is as follows:

Foreigner who fails to report: 2000 baht
Local landlord who fails to report and wants a receipt: 800 baht
Local landlord who fails to report but doesn't need a receipt: 500 baht
Don't know about vigorously, but also at Udon Thani now, and handing out 2k baht fines. As reported on local forum.
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Hi to the banished TOM. "What did I expect" an answer, which I duly got. Not bar stool talk,not rumor but an answer from an Immigration Officer sitting at her desk. I in future will do the TM30 reporting and leave it up to you and others to let us know if you get fined or not for not reporting.

Oh silly me, you can't, your banished.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I don't think this has been posted here and although it's a few days old, I think this is a very good summary of the current state of play:

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2019/08/ev ... T4TVzMIMYs
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

What gets me is that they talk about landlords whereas many of us are married to a Thai wife - do we really have to consider her as our landlord? Although I know I run the risk of being fined following all the publicity, but just before I left the country in July, when I was getting my re-entry stamp in my passport, I asked the IO if I had to complete a TM30 upon my return and he said no, so I haven’t.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Another thing I'm not clear about ... does the landlord (wife) have to complete it online AND the farang has to physically go to immigration with the same form?

In other words there will be two fines for those married to Thais.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We both went to Immigration, and I was called to the window for about 10 seconds so they could see I was there. I was then told to take a seat.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Doesn't really answer the question as to whether I'm facing two fines or one.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson