Rabies Injections

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Rabies Injections

Post by thecolonel »

Anyone know costs of these?

preferably at Hua Hin Hospital(or an email address for them that works as I'm in UK till Nov, weighing up having done here or there)

Seem to recall you get one jab and then more if you get a suspect bite, but the preliminary jab makes things easier/safer

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Scout
Professional
Professional

Re: Rabies Injections

Post by Scout »

I did mine at Bangkok Hospital, the initial vaccination is 2 injections, spaced a couple weeks apart if I recall correctly. I just had my annual booster, it’s only a single injection. I’m going to shop for a less expensive place next year.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Thanks Scout

i think theyre about 1000 baht a pop at BKK Hua Hin Hospital, no?? hence wondering price of HHH....cheers
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Yes, I think your are right. When I was first vaccinated I had them schedule an appointment for my 1 year booster. I showed up with my appointment slip expecting a quick visit with the nurse to administer my injection, but instead had to wait nearly 2 hours to see a doctor. I told them I didn’t want to see a doctor, I wanted the annual rabies vaccine booster and I thought they understood and were simply preparing the injection. When I finally saw the doctor he tried to tell me it wasn’t necessary and talk me out of it because “only veterinary staff and those working close with animals need it”. I explained I work with street dogs daily and he finally understood and authorized the injection. I told him that in the future I wanted to be able to simply get the booster injection without having to consult with a doctor and he explained that was not possible, that everything done at the hospital requires a doctor to approve. I think my booster cost 1800 baht, 800 of which was the doctors fee. I’ll be very interested to read what you find out about getting it at Hua Hin Hospital.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

im hoping to get around that problem(Bkk Hospital's greed) by seeing a Doctor im on good terms with on another matter , for which im insured, and getting them to authorise the injection whilst there. Worth a go anyways!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I don't know if it's still available but the Red Cross clinic used to do rabies shots.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Those walk-in clinics that you see around town can do it cheaper, if you can be bothered to queue and if they have the vacine in stock on that day.
The first time I needed this I eventually got it done that way but the second time I went to San Paulo which was very quick and efficient but obviously more expensive, I think about 2500bt for three shots.
I remember seeing a poster in the lobby for the preventative jab and I think it was 1900bt.