Sonic Attack

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
lomuamart

Sonic Attack

Post by lomuamart »

There's a feral cat that seems to enjoy jumping down from our gate onto the bonnet of the car and then to the ground. I'd prefer that it didn't do so.

I heard today about some "catscram" electronic device that works well. Supposedly, it emits a high pitched sound that's activated by movement but humans and dogs etc can't hear it - only the cats get scared. I'd prefer that method of dissuading it onto our property rather than resorting to cold water or even a Kalishnikov.

Can anyone confirm that these things are effective and where I can buy them from? There seem to be a lot on Lazada but some can be heard by dogs which won't be good as neighbours have two and I wouldn't want to be unsettling them at night.

Thanks for any input.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Sonic Attack

Post by oakdale160 »

Interesting--there is an allegation that the American and Canadian Embassies in Havana Cuba have been subjected to sonic attacks which has caused health problems to diplomats.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Are the personnel cats?
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

At my place I've got three Thai soi dogs that weigh about 30kg each and one cat that weighs 4kg and the dogs can't get rid of the cat, so good luck!
Geko
Professional
Professional

Post by Geko »

I have tried one of these sonic devices and the cats around our place just ignore it, I saw the videos for these and they look impressive, maybe mine was faulty the PIR detector worked and the thing made a clicking noise but how do you tell if the sonic deterrent is being produced. The cats just jump the fence and stare the dog down.

I have also tried putting various items on the ground where the cats go, like coffee grounds, cayenne pepper and other items that are supposed to deter them and none of these have worked.

I am trying to get hold of a water jet that is activated by the cat activating a PIR detector but not found any in Thailand, if anyone knows a place i can get a couple of these, it would be great.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Something I'm considering making - both for cats and the pigeons..
Search 'Turnah81' on YouTube as I don't know how to post a link..
วินเชนท์