Tessebahn Car Park

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Tessebahn Car Park

Post by Nereus »

All those empty bays and STILL some of them have to double park in front of the parked cars an what appears to be the ground floor!
What happened to the old small houses that were on the west side of the old open car park? They now have a bloody great concrete wall at what was their front door!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think those cars on the ground floor are Tessebahn, and don't move too often. I guess that is the Tessebahn's allocated space, so they are maximising use of their area.

Yes, I was looking at the houses as I rose to floor 3.5. Remember, there were 3 more floors above me :shock:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, I had to go back to the car park today, 11 months on. Parking in there has become very Thai, and little consideration given to other car park users. I refused to take one corner because some dick had parked his truck in the necessary turning circle. Yes, I could have made it with a 3 or 5 point turn, but after removing some other inconsiderate dick's bumper 2 weeks ago, trying to squeeze through an impossible gap, I decided not to. Later on, to exit the car park, a 3 point turn was necessary.

If you look at the video, you will notice how cars have been abandoned in the roadway outside of the parking spaces. As I could not go up, I went down a level, got as close to the adjacent parked cars and waited with my vehicle in case I was blocking somebody. Yes, this did make me a Dick as well, but a considerate Dick, and I made sure no traffic was obstructed.

In my time waiting for Mrs BB to conclude her business, only one car moved in the car park - a blue Mercedes. Despite all of the inconsiderate parking in this car park, he chose to pull up behind me, start beeping his horn and flashing his lights. Of course, I ignored his, and eventually he moved away.

This new facility has deteriorated fast - boy, am I glad that I only have to go to the Tessebahn once a year.

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

So shocked that Thai drivers can be so inconsiderate!!!!!
Seriously though, are we surprised?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m sure that half the time it’s not deliberate, it’s simply that they have no idea what their doing - they simply shouldn’t be allowed behind the wheel of a car!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, I'm not surprised. Mrs BB said that early notice talking about 30 Baht was saying a parking charge will be imposed. That has to be good because it might stop some people using the car park. Of course, we didn't get to the upper floors, but it was very full at the lower levels. It could have filled the Tessebahn 5 times over, so who else is using the facility?

Similar charges at Hua Hin Hospital is keeping the parking levels sensible.

Points 48; Position 20