Chiva-Som Hua Hin re-opens after million-dollar makeover

Resorts, rooms, hotels, and guesthouses, find somewhere to stay.
buksida

Chiva-Som Hua Hin re-opens after million-dollar makeover

Post by buksida »

Health and wellness resorts are popping up all over the shop, but sometimes it’s the ones that have been at it the longest which remain the best—particularly when brought up to date. Chiva-Som’s recent renovation ensures it retains its spot at the top of the wellness game

The longest anyone has stayed at Chiva-Som International Health Resort in Hua Hin, Thailand is nine months. One regular has made more than 90 visits. Guests have included Kate Moss, David Beckham, Serena Williams and royalty from around the world. The resort must be doing something right.

Yet when Chiva-Som first opened its doors 24 years ago, it was well ahead of its game. Asia’s first comprehensive wellness resort began as the brainchild of former finance minister and Thai banker, Boonchu Rojanastien. The beachfront property, which spans seven acres, was his weekend retreat, where he would go with friends to eat healthily and spend a restful, restorative few days away from the bustle of Bangkok.

Full Story: https://hk.asiatatler.com/life/chiva-so ... r-makeover
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Re: Chiva-Som Hua Hin re-opens after million-dollar makeover

Post by Ralfredo »

I guess I must try this place, or not...

Made a test reservation for one week in February and the prices varied from some change like 68,266 THB up to 284,834 THB, and that's per night... Not for me, I guess. :shock:

Below is the total for one week in a decent room...
Screenshot from 2019-11-14 07-25-00.png
Screenshot from 2019-11-14 07-25-00.png (18.27 KiB) Viewed 1178 times
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Over £7000 a night all in - a bargain!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

£4,365 a week service charge - that is some tip :shock: :shock:

Just under 2M฿ for a week - you could easily buy a town house, or a small fully furnished condo in Hua Hin for that. In real Thailand, you'd get something quite tasty.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I seriously doubt that your average multi millionaire/billionaire would prefer a week or two in a cosy townhouse rather than being pampered from dawn till dusk in opulent luxury. In the past I've done Exec protection for Forbes 500 CEO's and this is really chump change to these people. Chiva Som doesn't cater to yer average man in the street :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, no, probably not, but IMHO obscene money :laugh: .

Best of luck to them, but if they're paying that sort of money, it makes me wonder where else in Hua Hin they manage to splash their cash .
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

These people don't go shopping..the shops come to them :thumb: :thumb:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Yes but it probably includes food.......alcohol extra
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I remember looking at their web site a number of years ago - just out of interest.

Anyway, the things that put me off were that it was a smoking free zone and you couldn't drink beer, only wine and that after about 6pm.

In their favour, they banned kids under about 16 and mobiles could only be used in certain areas.

So, there were pluses and minuses but I decided that it was maybe a little above my budget.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

lomuamart wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:16 pmyou couldn't drink beer, only wine and that after about 6pm.
Whaaat? Reeeally? I have to cancel my booking immediately. Thanks! 8)