Nong Nooch Tropical Garden offers free admission, but only to some

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
PeteC

Nong Nooch Tropical Garden offers free admission, but only to some

Post by PeteC »

As usual, this doesn't appear to apply to non-Thais.

https://www.nationthailand.com/travel/30378731

Nong Nooch Tropical Garden & Cultural Village, the largest floral garden in Southeast Asia located near Pattaya, will open with free admission for people in five provinces and five districts of Bangkok in December.

The five Bangkok districts are Taling Chan, Thawi Watthana, Phasi Charoen, Bang Khae and Nong Kham, while the five provinces are Phetchaburi, Ratchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Kanchanaburi and Chumphon. People residing in these areas need to produce only an ID card for unlimited free admission throughout the month of December.

Director Kampol Tansajja said the free admission campaign has been launched to “create happiness for Thais” and in response to the government’s policy to boost domestic tourism in order to stimulate local economies.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Nong Nooch Tropical Garden offers free admission, but only to some

Post by Dannie Boy »

I know that a number of farangs have a Thai ID card (Big Boy and myself amongst them) so I would assume that our ID cards would give free admission
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:52 am I know that a number of farangs have a Thai ID card (Big Boy and myself amongst them) so I would assume that our ID cards would give free admission
You're too smart to assume anything Dan!!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:52 am I know that a number of farangs have a Thai ID card (Big Boy and myself amongst them) so I would assume that our ID cards would give free admission
You're too smart to assume anything Dan!!
You are of course correct JG - at best I should have said hope rather than assume, but even that could be wishful thinking!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

The land of 2 laws and 2 prices.
One for Thais and one for foreigners.
Maybe if we all left,
The Thais would finally
Achieve lasting
Happiness.