Miserable London at Christmas

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Miserable London at Christmas

Post by arcadianagain »

I have just returned home in Tunisia after 6 days in London with my daughter and 2 young grandchildren. What a miserable experience. Apart from the grey miserable weather, expected in December, there was very little Christmas atmosphere Even an evening drive up Oxford Street which we promised spectacular lights proved a disappointment, just sheets of white bulbs with "Oxford St" flashing every few seconds. Driving around the streets few shops made any effort, just a few mini plastic trees in their window. At least we got to see the real Father Christmas in the West London Westfield mall
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Miserable London

Post by Lost »

No surprise. Many areas of London no longer belong to the English and no longer have majority Christian population.

Diwali, on the other hand, had big parties and fireworks last month. Eid Al-Fitr was also very well received earlier this year. Christmas is offensive to many inhabitants of London and, as polite, little English bitches, we need to respect that.

:?
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Carnaby Street used to be the best places for London lights.
Talk is cheap
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Regent Street was pretty spectacular last week. I was in Copenhagen over the weekend and even the lights and traditional Christmas market on picturesque Nihavyn didn’t beat away the driving wind and rain.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
buksida

Post by buksida »

London is not England. I get back once a year and spend time around the country avoiding London like the plague for this reason. That said, I haven't had a Christmas there since 1996 :duck:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Miserable London at Christmas

Post by lindosfan1 »

I now live in Kent, on therare occasions I go to London.
The amount of stabbings and murders in London is disgraceful.
Immigrants have taken over there are areas now that it is rarae to see an englishman. :cuss: :banghead:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Miserable London at Christmas

Post by caller »

Although I continued to work there, I moved from London back to England in 2009 - over 60 miles away in fact. The difference was startling (but not all white if that's what you are thinking). It was a general feeling of going back to my roots. I just didn't feel I belonged anymore (in thought, deeds, politics, tolerance and so on). Although after retiring and before moving here, I would regularly visit for the galleries, drool at watches I could never afford, meet old colleagues for lunch and listen to their moans about how bad things were and enjoyed such days very much. It's funny how, as my friends all aged, they crept further and further away from the centre, so when there is a get together, it's now in Sutton, rather than in town.
Talk is cheap