The Best & Worst of 2019

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
pharvey

The Best & Worst of 2019

Post by pharvey »

Firstly, a very happy New Year to all and I hope it's a prosperous and healthy one!

Well, I guess this needs to be in Foo, but if Mods think of a more suitable location, please move.... :thumb:

Just a thought, but to members of the forum, what's the best and worst of 2019 - country-wise, internationally-wise, personally-wise...... anything and everything.

From a personal side, it's been mixed - serious illnesses in the family, but all thankfully recovered :D . The LHG gained her "Indefinite Leave to Stay" after several years of bureaucratic BS and being relieved of a significant section of our bank account! My neighbour and great (Welsh) friend in HH has continued to take care of our property, earn us an income.... and stay alive (not necessarily in that order)! :wink: Thanks Gwynne and hope to see you soon!!

Sport and internationally Wales are doing good things - 6 Nations Champions, World Cup Semi's in Rugby, qualification for the Euros as a mention.
Despite a feck'd knee (and being old, useless etc.) I was invited to play in a rugby match in Mauritania - it was an invitational match for those who had helped promote the sport - IMO I did little but a little training for youngsters and a bit of reff'ing, but a huge, huge honour for me. BTW I lasted 20 mins!! :oops:

Politics, well BREXIT must obviously take a big part - I realise this will be a BIG THING, but personally I'm glad Boris is in and things look to be going forward. I can understand the worries of those Brits working overseas?Europe, but this also effects my family big style. I'm just looking on the positive side!!
Trump.... Hmmm - A positive in some ways for the US, possible deals with the UK after Brexit, terrifying thought that the "red button" is under HIS thumb.
Will the likes of Greece and Spain follow the UK? Will Scotland part ways?

Thailand: - I'm still in love with the place, but it's been a while since I've visited and I don't stay long term. How will the increased visitors from China and India and "government deals" effect the status quo?

As for 2020 - work-wise I'm in Africa, Israel and Jordan by the looks of things........ 2021 British Lions in Africa!! :D
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.