Streaker - Don't look Ethel!!!

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
Big Boy

Streaker - Don't look Ethel!!!

Post by Big Boy »

A first for me this morning. Mrs BB had an early hospital appointment this morning, so I did my duty and took her. Driving down the road from the station to the Tessebahn there was a "Don't look Ethel!!!" moment. Jogging along in the right hand lane was a streaker. He didn't look like one of the town's crazies. The first real life streaker that I've seen in the flesh, literally.

Mrs BB and I had a chuckle on the remaining journey. When I got home, I announced my 'Breaking News' to my son, who was less than impressed. "Do you mean the guy who runs past the Tessebahn? He's there every morning."

I guess I've been leading a sheltered life. This guy must run within yards of the town's main police station each morning - how does he get away with it?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Streaker - Don't look Ethel!!!

Post by sateeb »

Strangely enough, a few months ago I just couldn't get that song out of my head. It was driving me nuts!!. So thanks very much for resurrecting my nightmare :guns: :laugh: .

Watch at your own peril, you have been warned. Boogity boogity

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:A first for me this morning. Mrs BB had an early hospital appointment this morning, so I did my duty and took her. Driving down the road from the station to the Tessebahn there was a "Don't look Ethel!!!" moment. Jogging along in the right hand lane was a streaker. He didn't look like one of the town's crazies. The first real life streaker that I've seen in the flesh, literally.

Mrs BB and I had a chuckle on the remaining journey. When I got home, I announced my 'Breaking News' to my son, who was less than impressed. "Do you mean the guy who runs past the Tessebahn? He's there every morning."

I guess I've been leading a sheltered life. This guy must run within yards of the town's main police station each morning - how does he get away with it?
Out of interest, what's it like at the hospital these days? Any obvious changes and/or precautions relating to coronavirus? Still crowded?

Was the streaker at least wearing a mask?

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

No, a fig leaf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhinner wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:33 pm Out of interest, what's it like at the hospital these days? Any obvious changes and/or precautions relating to coronavirus? Still crowded?

Was the streaker at least wearing a mask?
The hospital is much the same - incredibly busy, but effectively processing hundreds of outpatients daily. Everybody gets their temperature checked and gets a little badge if you pass. Bottles of hand sanitizer everywhere.

I guess the major change is the addition of a Covid-19 reception area, which is outside under gazebos to the right of A&E. It looks efficient, and I guess if a suspect (not confirmed) Id rather be outside in the fresh(ish) air, and not inside a stuffy room. A mobile x-ray unit is parked beside the area. Looks pretty good to me.

[Edit] No, he wasn't wearing a thing :shock:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

sateeb wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:16 am Strangely enough, a few months ago I just couldn't get that song out of my head.
Hmm, an interesting insight into your character... :shock:
This is the way
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Hmmm..Quiz time, what song was in my head every time I watched the Netflix Series The Last Czar?
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Thanks BB.
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Getting back to topic......... I see this guy every morning while out on my morning walk, around 06.50ish. Pretty sure he's got a screw or 2 loose. He lives on the other side of the road, opposite the Tessaban office block. He runs across the road, up onto the Tessaban garden, takes off his t-shirt, drops his shorts and waters the grass then it's back across the road totally starkers. There is a manned police box on the corner of the road opposite leading down to Macdonalds and the police station.....they just don't seem to bother.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:13 am A first for me this morning. Mrs BB had an early hospital appointment this morning, so I did my duty and took her. Driving down the road from the station to the Tessebahn there was a "Don't look Ethel!!!" moment. Jogging along in the right hand lane was a streaker. He didn't look like one of the town's crazies. The first real life streaker that I've seen in the flesh, literally.

I've seen him a couple of times already. I think it's the fact that he does it every day and everyone knows about him, that allows him to get away with it - he's just part of the local scenery at this point.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I wonder what would happen if a farang did that...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

hhfarang wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:28 pm I wonder what would happen if a farang did that...
They just let us get on with our day, really. They don't seem fussed.

man-with-belly-HA7BMY.jpg
(80.35 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.