Purchasing an Air Fryer

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Purchasing an Air Fryer

Post by handdrummer »

After reading all the comments and watching numerous youtube videos, I think I' think I'll pass and save my money for NA beer or maybe some new underwear.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

ImageAfter reading all the comments and watching numerous YouTube videos I decided to take the plunge and ordered an Haier 2.5L air fryer from Lazada yesterday for just short of 1.5k Thai Baht.

It arrived today and thus far I am ecstactic..My Swedish meat balls have turned out truly delicious. :bow: I must add that the instruction manual was all in Thai but I managed to download an English version from the Interweb.

Gonna try chips and jacket potatoes later on. :thumb:
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (6.24 KiB) Viewed 1870 times
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Okay..the chips i did were absolutely perfect ( and I don't mean stringy french fries). PM me if you want a how to. Oops, sorry I forgot, you can't PM me, some snowflake complained and I got suspended for a month :naughty: :naughty: :duck:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Nearly two months of using my air fryer and apart from successful chips,jacket and roast spuds here is a list of other things I've had success with.

May be useful to you if you're stuck at home.

Choc chip / raspberry/ blueberry muffins

Norwegian Chocolate cake

Carrot cake

Hobnob biscuits

Flapjacks

Breaded fish fingers

Swedish meatballs

Burgers

FAILURES

Digestive biscuits

Battered fish (abject failure even from an air fryer recipe).

Also bought a bread maker and amazed to find that it has a jam setting. Makes great Raspberry jam but not so great Orange marmalade, however I have used the marmalade successfully in an Orange Chicken recipe. :cheers:

― George Carlin
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Sateeb, will you marry me?
This is the way
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

One of the added pluses of using these machines is that there is no splatter. My stove top was always oily and needed to be cleaned almost daily. With the airfryer the stove top remains immaculate. You also dont have to stand over it like you do with conventional frying pan. For B'fast, I put some ham slices, cherry tomatoes and sliced mushrooms in with a tablespoon of oil and another of water. Start it up and go and shower. When I come back after 15mins its all ready.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:53 pm Sateeb, will you marry me?
Let's get a room first :laugh: :laugh:

― George Carlin
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

oakdale160 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:04 pm One of the added pluses of using these machines is that there is no splatter. My stove top was always oily and needed to be cleaned almost daily. With the airfryer the stove top remains immaculate. You also dont have to stand over it like you do with conventional frying pan. For B'fast, I put some ham slices, cherry tomatoes and sliced mushrooms in with a tablespoon of oil and another of water. Start it up and go and shower. When I come back after 15mins its all ready.
Being a Brit/Norwegian, in our house we were not brought up to enjoy the traditional English B/fast. I did make up for lost time when I started my job. 6am-2pm shift was the best 'cause we enjoyed the best breakfasts but since moving here (16 years ago) I could probably count on both hands how many I've had. Don't really miss them now so as yet i've not tried bacon or sausages in the fryer,however I'm confident they would be perfect. By far, the fryer and bread maker have been my best Lazada purchases this year. :cheers:

― George Carlin
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Bought a smarthome air fryer, once you get used to it its fine. I cook fries, any meat, also good for defrosting stuff out of freezer. Takes a little time to get used to but I really do like mine.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

If your cooking fries you need a very small amount of oil in the bottom as it heats it will move around the cooking space.
I also thaw bread etc in it aswell as Pork/chicken steaks/Baked spuds.
Get one they are cool :)

Big Boy wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:48 am
oakdale160 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:32 am one tablespoonfull of fat--but its true.
I'm only a novice air fryer. I'm actually amazed to hear you even mention fat or oil, but this could well be where I'm going wrong. I've watched the full feature length advert on Thai TV several times. No mention of fat or oil, and a perfect meal every time, of course.

So, is this where I am going wrong?

[Edit] Although shoestring chips come out every bit as good as McDonalds or Burger King - neither of which I like.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

JW wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:10 am If your cooking fries you need a very small amount of oil in the bottom as it heats it will move around the cooking space.
I also thaw bread etc in it aswell as Pork/chicken steaks/Baked spuds.
Get one they are cool :)

Big Boy wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:48 am
oakdale160 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:32 am one tablespoonfull of fat--but its true.
I'm only a novice air fryer. I'm actually amazed to hear you even mention fat or oil, but this could well be where I'm going wrong. I've watched the full feature length advert on Thai TV several times. No mention of fat or oil, and a perfect meal every time, of course.

So, is this where I am going wrong?

[Edit] Although shoestring chips come out every bit as good as McDonalds or Burger King - neither of which I like.
I soak the cut fries in cold water for 30 mins, dry them on a paper towel and then drizzle a little olive oil over the chips before putting them in the fryer. I've also bought one of those pump action oil aerosols for use on other stuff, if needed. :cheers:

― George Carlin
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Air Fryers

Post by handdrummer »

Any suggestions on air fryers?
Brands, prices, which to avoid, problems you've had, cooking for 2, buy online or locally?
Thank you.
Highflyer

Post by Highflyer »

Air Fryer Smarthome หม้อทอดไร้น้ำมัน (ประกัน 3 ปี ) หม้อทอดไฟฟ้าไร้น้ำมันเพื่อสุขภาพ 5.2 ลิตร ใหญ่มาก | https://s.lazada.co.th/s.eJQnq

In Lazada Smarthome products really good, have had one for over a year, perficto 🤣🤣👍👍
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

12L Oil-free Fryer ProFryer Air Fryer Oven 1800W Max temperature 200 degrees Oven Electric oven

I bought this over a year ago and it gets used every day. 2 shelve oven, deep removable pan/basket, rotating basket, spit roast, rotating satay skewer assemble.

I've done pretty much everything in it - roast chicken, beef, yorkshire puddings, chops, steaks, bacon, sausages, satay, chips, baked potatoes, roast potatoes, chicken wings and much more. Thoroughly recemmended.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i1575 ... =true&mp=1
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Thank you all. The Smart Home seems to be in my price range. I'd like a smaller model, there's only 2 of us.