Coronavirus Precautions/News/Updates for Hua Hin/Prachuap

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Coronavirus Precautions - Hua Hin/Thailand

Post by thecolonel »

HHTel wrote:Nah, they'll just drop their mask for that, like they do. They quite often wear it under their chin anyway.
It's been shown many times that the act of touching their face increases when wearing a mask. That goes with all the adjustments carried on. Unless they sanitise their hands before touching their mask and so on, the object of wearing one is defeated.
As I've repeated many times, wearing a mask is 100% protection and washing/sanitising hands etc is not considered important and most often considered unnecessary. You just have to stand outside a shop and watch people going in and out.
I agree with your theory that Thais think mask wearing is the saviour.

Like the amulet for motorbikes

The numbers still baffle me here...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

thecolonel wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:28 pm
dundrillin wrote:One of the benefits of wearing a mask is it stops people putting their fingers in the mouth and picking their nose. The latter disgusting habit seems to be a national pastime here.
Absolutely it does! As I posted on this or similar thread last week a 'top' Consultant Doctor at Bkk Hospital recently picked his nose right in front of me as we sat discussing my case.

This led me to conclude that his behaviour probably felt quite normal to him. Also makes me question why Thailand is way behind UK on cases/deaths when generally speaking the personal habits are less hygienic

Perhaps we have been brought up”too clean” and hence have less immunity.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

thecolonel wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:31 pm The numbers still baffle me here...

What baffles me is that people seem to believe the numbers.
This is the way
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

HHTel wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:28 pm It's been shown many times that the act of touching their face increases when wearing a mask. That goes with all the adjustments carried on.
They put a mask on me immediately on entering the hospital (here in NL) and I definitely found I touched my face more. A lot more. I tried to stop my self (as in I was well aware of the risks, and knew to not touch the mask) but that is easier said than done when you're short of breath and the bloody thing keeps slipping down. I found it a horrible, suffocating thing which only made my shortness of breath worse - and made me touch my face more. What was also quite funny (no, it's actually very stupid). No one told me "how" to wear the mask and the bloody thing kept slipping down, meaning I had to keep pulling it back up. I see two doctors, neither said a word. The hazmat nurse comes in to put an infusion in and tells me I have the mask on wrong. There is a strip of metal along the top edge of the masks, seemingly you're supposed to pinch that bit of metal to kinda mould around the nose, to keep it up. You would think they would tell you that around the same time they pick up the phone and announce the "corona protocol room 5".
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

There are no comments on this yet:
"All newly arrived foreigners in Hua Hin must register locally by April 10th for quarantine purposes."

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news- ... -thailand/

Has anybody on the forum had a visit yet?

I don't understand why it should not apply to migrants from Laos, Cambodia or Myanmar though.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Felipesed1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:01 am I don't understand why it should not apply to migrants from Laos, Cambodia or Myanmar though.
Because the dipshit health minister blames farangs for the outbreak.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:12 am
Felipesed1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:01 am I don't understand why it should not apply to migrants from Laos, Cambodia or Myanmar though.
Because the dipshit health minister blames farangs for the outbreak.
It is because the majority of Farangs will stay in nice hotels, 1 or 2 to a room with decent sanitation, whereas the majority from Laos, Cambodia or Myanmar will be staying in comunal tin shacks on building sites with little or no sanitation. :?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Felipesed1 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:01 am There are no comments on this yet:
"All newly arrived foreigners in Hua Hin must register locally by April 10th for quarantine purposes."
Well, they won't be very busy, will they?

And the immigrant workers are allowed to live and travel to and from work all rammed together because they want the railway built.
Talk is cheap
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

In a Swiss newspaper I read that a 82 year old man who lived in the Lotuswell Resort died in a hospital in Hua Hin.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I think it was him mentioned on today's government briefing.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The foreigner was a 82-year-old Swiss man who had attended a party in Hua Hin district of Prachuap Khiri Khan and visited entertainment venues in Bangkok.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ths-sunday
DTHH

Post by DTHH »

Picked this up from Gyles Brandreth, writing in yesterday's UK Daily Telegraph,

"This thing is be­gin­ning to hit home. I now know some­one who has died of the virus – and she was 10 years younger than me. Five weeks ago, mean­while, I went to a friend’s re­tire­ment party ahead of his set­ting off for Thai­land for a long-awaited “hol­i­day of a life­time”. He is now in an in­ten­sive care unit in Hua Hin with dou­ble pneu­mo­nia and Covid-19."
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Prachuap Khiri Khan locks down ‘until further notice’

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/prac ... her-notice

The Prachuap Khiri Khan municipality, 240 kilometres south of Bangkok, has locked down the province from April 3 to combat the spread of the Coronavirus Covid-19, ” with immediate effect until further notice”. The announcement includes Prachuap Khiri Khan’s main seaside town Hua Hin.

The announcement, included on the Thailand Tourism Authority website, says there are now screening measures at all points of entry and exit to the province.

“Any person deemed at risk will be isolated and transferred to a designated hospital for quarantine or treatment. There is strict enforcement of restrictions on gatherings.”

“All types of hotels and similar establishments, which have permits according to the Hotel Act 2004, with the exception of hotels designated as hospitals and emergency venues, are now to remain closed. Hotels currently occupied, which are to be closed after the last guests have checked out.”

“They must report the details of all guests to the local authorities. Any guest deemed at risk will be isolated and transferred to a designated hospital for quarantine or treatment.”

“All residents must wear surgery or cloth masks when leaving their accommodations.”

“All incoming boats are banned from docking in the province, except for emergency reasons. Fishing boats must receive a permit from the local district head.”

SOURCE: TAT https://www.tatnews.org/2020/04/tat-upd ... ear-masks/
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Lockdown on Phuket's Patong to curb Covid-19

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... b-covid-19

PHUKET: Patong area in Kathu district of this southern island province has been ordered locked down to stem the spread of the novel coronavirus.

An order signed by governor Pakkapong Tawipat, director of the provincial emergency administration centre, says the lockdown is necessary as more than 80% of confirmed Covid-19 cases in the province were workers at visitors to entertainment venues and other workplaces in Soi Bangla in the Patong Municipality.

Moreover, the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases has continued to rise.

The order is effective from Sunday until further notice.

Under the order, people and vehicles are not allowed to enter or leave the Patong area, except for vehicles transporting consumer goods, cooking gas, fuel, post parcels, printed materials and fuel.

Also excluded are ambulances and other vehicles used for emergency medical operations.

Those who want to be excluded from the lockdown must seek permission from communicable disease control officials.

Checkpoints to screen for the virus are to be set up at Siko on Phra Barami road in tambon Kathu, at the Simon Cabaret on Sirirat road in tambon Patong and in front of Ban Kalim School on Kamala-Patong road. The district officer or assistant district chiefs are to run these checkpoints.

Phuket's public health office, with support from Kathu district and the Patong Municipality officials, is to take the temperatures of all people in tambon Patong. Those suspected of being infected with the virus must be put in isolation or quarantine at venues prepared for this purpose.

Public places, roads, houses and shops in tambon Patong must be cleaned and sprayed with disinfectant.

Any hotels in tambon Patong that need to keep their employees at work must provide them with living quarters until they have finished their jobs.

As for employees who want to return to their home provinces, the hotels must submit their names to the leader of the Tha Chat Chai checkpoint to seek permission for them to leave the province. This must be done by April 7.

Residents in the area are asked not to leave their houses to prevent them from contracting the virus and possibly spreading it to other people.

Violators of this order are punishable under under Section 52 of the Communicable Diseases Act of 2015 and liable to up to one year in jail or a fine of up to 100,000 baht or both. They may also be liable to punishment under the executive decree of 2005 for administration in emergency situations.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

HHTel wrote:
The foreigner was a 82-year-old Swiss man who had attended a party in Hua Hin district of Prachuap Khiri Khan and visited entertainment venues in Bangkok.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ths-sunday
His 81-year-old wife is stll in hospital according to today's ampheur bulletin.