HD PRIME - No connection to stations

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Gabe H Coud

Re: HD PRIME - No connection to stations

Post by Gabe H Coud »

HHTel wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 9:53 pm Since I said a couple of days ago that I was not having problems, after making that post things went from bad to worse. Currently, live TV seems to be working and the 'catch-up' lists are there but playback on catch-up doesn't work. Fortunately, movies and series work fine. As there is movement on the TV channels from almost nothing to 'almost there', I'm guessing that they are working on it.

To Highflyer: I've used HDPrime from the outset a few years ago. I can count the problems I've had on one hand and up until now, any problem has been responded to and fixed very quickly. I'd certainly not call it 'cheap crap' as until now, it's worked very well. When my daughter was here for a long stay a few years ago, she subscribed with a full year's subscription. She had a couple of months left when she returned to the UK and used the remainder in the UK with no problems.

This is the biggest problem they've encountered. Fingers crossed, they'll get it sorted.
I repeat earlier post......

Go to Series...

Gangs of London ep 1 and tell me if you have audio?

Go to Van der Valk and tell me if picture is clear on ep 1(+ heavy buffering) or if you have a frozen screen on ep 2.

Series is not 'working', certainly not for me. It would genuinely assist me if you could assure me that these two examples worked fine for you, that would help me and them tackle the issue. It may be that those two recent uploads haven't been done properly

Or is it just the series that you have watched that work well?

Anyway as a result of my earlier post I finally got a response from them(first in weeks) to say they were fixing but that was 3 days ago and nothing has happened. I know he reads this thread so hopefully it will get sorted

As said before I'm a fan of HD prime when it works well but at times it drives me nuts!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I agree those two examples are the same for me.
However, I'm not sure that it is the fault of HDPrime. It's more than likely associated with the stream they are taken from. I'm not sure if these series/movies are physically uploaded or they rely on someone else's stream. I use series a lot and although most are good, there is the occasional one that shows pixelation and buffering. It doesn't matter what time of day you would watch, the problem is there every time.
When a series or film 'buffers', I would take that as an example of the stream that is buffering as opposed to HDPrime.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

A friend has told me he watched the German footie on HD Prime last night. He complained the commentary was a minute out of sync with the video.
Championship Millwall - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 21
Gabe H Coud

Post by Gabe H Coud »

HHTel wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:28 pm I agree those two examples are the same for me.
However, I'm not sure that it is the fault of HDPrime. It's more than likely associated with the stream they are taken from. I'm not sure if these series/movies are physically uploaded or they rely on someone else's stream. I use series a lot and although most are good, there is the occasional one that shows pixelation and buffering. It doesn't matter what time of day you would watch, the problem is there every time.
When a series or film 'buffers', I would take that as an example of the stream that is buffering as opposed to HDPrime.
yes I'm sure it is the stream he got it from. But surely HDPrime should tidy that up prior to release

lets be honest here, HDPrime is stuff we can all get ourselves off the net for free. But I don't mind paying him the monthly fee to have everything packaged under one roof in a nice presentable site a la Netflix(not as slick but good enough)

But in return for our 570 baht a month he's got to get his content in working order , otherwise we may as well go on Bluestacks, Red Tv, Pirate Bay etc and get it ourselves for free but accept some streaming issues because its free.

I don't profess to fully understand the inner workings of this but maybe he needs to get it from another source . But at the moment he's putting totally unwatchable stuff up there and not doing anything to fix it.
And especially when there is no sport for what 7 or 8 weeks now?

At the very least some of the problem titles should be marked 'streaming issues' so at least the customer can decide whether or not to bother
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Gabe H Coud wrote:
HHTel wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:28 pm I agree those two examples are the same for me.
yes I'm sure it is the stream he got it from. But surely HDPrime should tidy that up prior to release

lets be honest here, HDPrime is stuff we can all get ourselves off the net for free. But I don't mind paying him the monthly fee to have everything packaged under one roof in a nice presentable site a la Netflix(not as slick but good enough)

But in return for our 570 baht a month he's got to get his content in working order , otherwise we may as well go on Bluestacks, Red Tv, Pirate Bay etc and get it ourselves for free but accept some streaming issues because its free.

I don't profess to fully understand the inner workings of this but maybe he needs to get it from another source . But at the moment he's putting totally unwatchable stuff up there and not doing anything to fix it.
And especially when there is no sport for what 7 or 8 weeks now?

At the very least some of the problem titles should be marked 'streaming issues' so at least the customer can decide whether or not to bother
So after 30 minutes of patiently trying to watch Rory's golf match from last night(on catch up I have officially given up. First sport in 2 months and its a disaster

Buffering to the extent that it plays for 3 seconds then buffers for 30 seconds!

Even the audio is sh&te!

Unwatchable garbage!

Come on HD

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I'm only guessing but I imagine that when selecting a movie, you are routed directly to the streaming service. I say that because buffering on some movies would not happen if HDPrime had the full movie, so I guess it's down to where it's streaming from.

They seem to be close to fixing the 'catch-up' problem although only for the last day or so.
Around 50 connected channels but sadly lacking is Sky Movies.

I'm sure they'll have it at full steam in the next day or so.

Just out of curiosity I played catch-up on the Golf Channel. Over half an hour, no buffering and appears good.

I'm using the 'THAI A' server if that makes any difference.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

HHTel wrote:I'm only guessing but I imagine that when selecting a movie, you are routed directly to the streaming service. I say that because buffering on some movies would not happen if HDPrime had the full movie, so I guess it's down to where it's streaming from.

They seem to be close to fixing the 'catch-up' problem although only for the last day or so.
Around 50 connected channels but sadly lacking is Sky Movies.

I'm sure they'll have it at full steam in the next day or so.

Just out of curiosity I played catch-up on the Golf Channel. Over half an hour, no buffering and appears good.

I'm using the 'THAI A' server if that makes any difference.
Not long after my post I realised I should have used the Golf Channel (directly) rather than Sky golf who were piggybacking Golf Channels coverage.

Schoolboy error on my part!

Yes, mine is smooth (on Europe B)

Hope he sorts series out soon

Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk