Where To Refill Bottled Medical Grade Oxygen in Hua Hin

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Big Boy

Where To Refill Bottled Medical Grade Oxygen in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

My wife has bottled oxygen, for use in exceptional circumstances (hopefully home treatment will prevent short stay hospital visits). I've bought all of the necessary kit, but am unclear where to get the bottle refilled when it eventually empties. The shop tried to be helpful, and I think the refill shop is somewhere near Soi 68, but exact location was lost in translation :oops: . I'm hoping somebody can be a bit more precise. A shop name, or a little map maybe.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Where To Refill Bottled Medical Grade Oxygen in Hua Hin

Post by HHTel »

Is it not worth asking the hospital. They must know.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They didn't yesterday, but I guess there's a lot of people I could have asked. I see somebody on 'the other forum' said Soi 64, but I've been walking around using Streetview and haven't seen any likely candidates.

The shop who sold it knew, but all that I could interpret was near Moo Wannah, so it definitely exists. Again, I've walked around using Streetview, but no candidates.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:They didn't yesterday, but I guess there's a lot of people I could have asked. I see somebody on 'the other forum' said Soi 64, but I've been walking around using Streetview and haven't seen any likely candidates.

The shop who sold it knew, but all that I could interpret was near Moo Wannah, so it definitely exists. Again, I've walked around using Streetview, but no candidates.
Can’t you take your wife with you back to the shop for interpreting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Moo Wannah is part of soi 66, and on the left side coming from Petkasem rd around 10 yards l.h.s. from the top of it you will find a company that deals with all kinds of bottles you are looking for. The best way to go there is to take Phrom Suk Rd (Railway road) and when the road meet up with soi 66 you'll see it on your right hand side around 10 yards after the bend of the road.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Is it the place that sells big pieces of metal??

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.5758572 ... 384!8i8192

HaHa, when I move a bit to the side, some clown has parked a bus in front of the bottles :laugh:

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.5758769 ... 384!8i8192

That's brilliant - thank you very much. I walked past that bus on Streetview a couple of times earlier.
Can’t you take your wife with you back to the shop for interpreting?
I had my daughter-in-law with me, whose Thai/English is brilliant. However, I got the impression that knowledge was power :?

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Seeing that place, and to make myself feel better, I did a little looking and found the following:

"The difference between the four various oxygen grades, (Aviation, Medical, Welding and Research) is not in the quality of the oxygen but rather, the custody chain of the tanks. ... The oxygen can be considered medical grade because you started with a clean tank having no contaminants."

So, the tank is the key. The oxygen is the same. The assumption being that they are distributing it out of a clean, non-contaminated tank. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

So, the tank is the key. The oxygen is the same. The assumption being that they are distributing it out of a clean, non-contaminated tank.
Yes, good luck with that! Your nice new portable tank may well be clean, but what are they filling it from?
There are alternatives:

https://www.rehabmart.com/post/oxygen-t ... you-choose

https://www.philips.co.th/healthcare/pr ... /phaph-rwm
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well yes, I've used that place before for buying various things - I don't think I looked too hard on Streetview because it was probably the last place on my mind.

Now, looking at what you've just said (thank you for your research), I assumed it would be drop my empty. and pick up a full one (similar to what we did with my father's oxygen in the UK years ago). My plan was to buy a spare bottle when I went down, but I'm now having doubts about that plan. I'd feel happier having a spare bottle, but didn't intend buying the full monty. Maybe I'll have to buy another full set, because I don't think the shop sells just bottles.

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I think you have one or more dive shops in the area. Perhaps foreign instructors there as well. It could be an idea to talk to one of those places. They should know where to get trusted clean oxygen for their diving tanks, and perhaps will even sell/fill for you.

Edit: Having said that, I'm, not sure if diving tanks have 100% oxygen in them or a mix of gases?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

For medical grade stuff I would have thought somewhere like Fascino would be a good place to ask. Also there is a medical supplies shop just north of HH hospital on Petchkasem Rd just north of soi 10 (front of Ayrest).
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've been less than pleased with the service I've received from Fascino in my last 3 visits to the extent I've vowed never to cross their threshold again. I don't know why, but things have taken a definite turn for the worse. I think they could be victims of Covid, less custom, running stocks down and increasing prices to compensate.

Yes, the medical supplies shop directed us to the place near Moo Wannah.

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

OK. It was just a thought. Good luck with the search.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Some of you people really amaze me! You live in a country known for half assed ways of doing things, but you are prepared to buy some bottle from a side street vendor and THEN have him fill the bloody thing with Buddha only knows what!
Do you have any idea of the pressure inside one of those bottles? And THEN you put the bloody thing next to your wife and hope that it is ok! :? :shock:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:39 am Is it not worth asking the hospital. They must know.
My son-in-law works at BH. I got him on the case, but they use an out of town company, who periodically deliver full bottles and takes empty bottles away for refill, so a bulk service. HHH is a lot busier, so I'd guess they have a similar arrangement, which explains yesterday's blank faces.

Points 48; Position 20