Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet Thursday 26th Nov.

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
dennism53
Amateur
Amateur

Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet Thursday 26th Nov.

Post by dennism53 »

Anyone know of any Thanksgiving dinner specials, preferably a buffet. I think I've called every major hotel especially those that have had dinner specials in past years, none have anything going on. Got a hankerin' for turkey and stuffing! HELP!
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro! HST
Big Boy

Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Buffet Thursday 26th Nov.

Post by Big Boy »

Sarah Janes was a popular choice in previous years. I'll be honest, I don't even know if they are still going.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Last year we went to the Marriott but don't know what they are offering this year if anything
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Obviously demand compared to usual years will be much lower - it could be difficult to have enough numbers to justify even one Turkey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The below is the only entry showing up on Google for this year.

SO Sofitel Hua Hin invites you and your family to celebrate Thanksgiving over weekend from 26 – 29 November with a traditional and delectable three-course dinner menu at Beach Society. Our Executive Chef Tobias Schwarzendorfer will serve up this seasonal favorites such as oven roasted turkey breast filled with chorizo and cinnamon pumpkin pie. Three-course menu THB 1,200++ per person and THB 1,800++ with paired wine.

26 – 29 November 2020
From 6 pm – 10 pm
At Beach Society, SO Sofitel Hua Hin
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

After doing that fruitless search on Google and seeing only one offer, I'm wondering what Christmas will be like not just in Hua Hin but everywhere here. :( What a year?! I'm not going to say anything about the next being better as I may jinx it.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We're drifting off subject, but Christmas Dinner seems to be advertised/available at many of the usual places already.

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes, we can go to the below for next up on the festive calendar.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39657
dennism53
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dennism53 »

Thanks for replies.
Marriott says their business is 90% asian and a buffet with the fixins we like are not big sellers to that market!
As for Sofitel thanks for the heads up but the Thai wife doesn't like set menus of Farang food.

The watch for a Thanksgiving buffet continues!
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro! HST
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

dennism53 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:06 pm
Marriott says their business is 90% asian and a buffet with the fixins we like are not big sellers to that market!

Unfortunately I think this will be the case with most of the usual buffets. I did hear Coco 51 advertise a Christmas dinner.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The best TG dinner I have had in Thailand. The Thai wives of two American guys who had both lived in the US cooked a magnificent dinner. The turkey, dressing/stuffing, cranberry sauce, roast potatoes veggies, followed by pumpkin pie and cream. The two husbands and the four guests really enjoyed it. The two lady cooks who had worked all day on this great spread--they ate Thai food
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

This might be too late, and not what the OP is looking for, but I tried to book a table for Thursday night's quiz at Father Teds. I was told the quiz would be starting early because they had a lot of bookings for Thanksgiving Dinner. Nice bar, good food and live entertainment by Lee Shamrock - that guy is probably the best entertainer I've come across in Thailand.

If you haven't found anything yet, it's most definitely worth a look.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:35 pm This might be too late, and not what the OP is looking for, but I tried to book a table for Thursday night's quiz at Father Teds. I was told the quiz would be starting early because they had a lot of bookings for Thanksgiving Dinner. Nice bar, good food and live entertainment by Lee Shamrock - that guy is probably the best entertainer I've come across in Thailand.

If you haven't found anything yet, it's most definitely worth a look.
Here you go, it's official now:
123404956_3197326110379009_3440999693734693367_n.jpg
123404956_3197326110379009_3440999693734693367_n.jpg (81.14 KiB) Viewed 545 times
Enjoy a traditional all American Thanks Giving Roast Turkey Dinner in Father Teds this year from 7pm, Thursday November the 26th.

Please pre book with us nice and early so we have adiquate time to prepare this scrumptious 3 course, Roast turkey dinner served with all the trimmings one would expect especially presented to you and yours.

Irish/Californian Native Lee Shamrock is on music duty that very evening serving up the finest all American love ballads a heart could desire till late on into the night.

Menu that evening.

[Self Mod Edit] Menus not permitted in accordance with T&Cs :oops: :oops:

Points 48; Position 20
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

It would be nice to read some post TG Dinner reports
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Happy Thanksgiving today for those who celebrate it. The below is not too far off what will be happening in the US in a few hours. :(

patrick_corrigan_happy_thanksgiving.jpg
patrick_corrigan_happy_thanksgiving.jpg (208.29 KiB) Viewed 386 times