Diego Maradona

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Diego Maradona

Post by Lost »

Maradona got deaded. Never liked the guy but a legend of the game. Rest in peace.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Re: Diego Maradona

Post by pharvey »

Great talent, complete prick. An arse of a guy to all.

Sorry, but no respect.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:24 am Great talent, complete prick. An arse of a guy to all.

Sorry, but no respect.
:agree:
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Drug abuse, so self inflicted. Good footballer though.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

On another site for old people I pointed out that he was a cheating, blaspheming drug addict, I got a lot of abuse and the whole thread was deleted. His body is now lying in state at the Presidential Palace.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

:lach: Can't trust those old people. :wink:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

arcadianagain wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:06 pm On another site for old people I pointed out that he was a cheating, blaspheming drug addict, I got a lot of abuse and the whole thread was deleted. His body is now lying in state at the Presidential Palace.
The gloryfication of footballers is obscene. Lying in state is ridiculous, he is a footballer, an overpaid overated bloated individual. Film stars, popstars, influencers (how the hell do the make so much money) None of them are any different to other humans and do not deserve any special recognition. Rant over sorry if I wandered off topic. :banghead: :cuss:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

The hand of God returns home.
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I think it’s reasonable to recognise the achievements of the truly great players (in all sports), but keep it within context - agree that lying in state and three days mourning is way over the top. Regarding his achievements, he was a truly gifted player, but a cheat at the same time, so mixed feelings about him.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Screenshot_20201127_044856.jpg
Screenshot_20201127_044856.jpg (294.69 KiB) Viewed 213 times

I've a better idea Andre. How about Fifa retires you for puking out the most moronic suggestion in the history of all suggestions.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Some insane comments and "tributes" coming out at the moment.

Utter garbage. The man was an incredible football talent - no disagreement there. BUT: -

Lying in State and a State of Mourning for 3 days - utterly ridiculous.
Clashes with Police in Argentina at Maradona's funeral - sums up the mentality of the person and his fans (worldwide).
The man was a drug addict, alcoholic, criminal, cheat and a thief - a problem both on and off the pitch. Yet he is a national icon - so much for Argentina
Dealings with the Mafia and very questionable political ties both domestic and overseas.
Thought he was above the law (and probably was in many places/instances), fired several shots from a pistol at numerous persons of the media in the street (c*ck all really happened to him).... Oh, sorry - he went to 5 Star re-hab!!
Believed he was above the level of a Saint - Pope John Paul II was utterly wrong not to give him a "Unique Rosary" after all - good God, the man was deranged.

The best? Not by a very, very long shot. He had a God given talent that he abused to the detriment of many. Where help could have been given, abuse and advantage was taken. I will shed no tears.

Apologies, the guy will always get my goat.... :rant:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Now they look for someone to blame. This doctor's career is over as guilty with the first news story. Move from the country, move from the continent! :banghead:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-55123188
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source