Repelling Mosquitos

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Repelling Mosquitos

Post by Thailightzone »

I live on a high floor of a condo, but recently I have been bitten by some mosquitos during the night. What do you guys suggest is the best defence against mosquitos?

Fan, Net, Zapper?

Do those high-frequency electronic devices work? What about lemongrass plants?

:guns:

Cheers
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Re: Mosquitos

Post by Jack_Batty »

I’m wondering why someone can’t invent some type of low-pulse device that sends a very low current across your skin. A current undetectable to us, but very unpleasant for a mosquito upon landing or coming near. Surely it’s possible, seeing as how our bodies are terrific conductors of electricity.
PeteC

Re: Repelling Mosquitos

Post by PeteC »

The most important IMO is to make sure you have good screens on your condo windows and any sliding balcony doors. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

About 15 years ago I retired to Cyprus from UK having had numerous holidays over the years. An elderly friend suggested that I take an odourless garlic tablet/capsule every morning, which at the time I thought was a useless suggestion......but I did it and still take one every day. I moved to Thailand 6 years ago and still not had a mozzy nibble at me. Long may it continue.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Jack - just like the electronic charge added to some car bodies to reduce rust. . In fact I could probably benefit from anti-rust protection

Robcar - but did you notice not only mozzies avoided you, but so did every other living being

PeteC - yes, I don't have screens.

Appreciate the suggestions gentlemen. Merry Christmas to you all.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Thailightzone - Very handy when trying to get a table at the Hilton rooftop bar ;-)
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Thailightzone wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:03 am Jack - just like the electronic charge added to some car bodies to reduce rust. Image. In fact I could probably benefit from anti-rust protection Image

Robcar - but did you notice not only mozzies avoided you, but so did every other living being ImageImage

PeteC - yes, I don't have screens.

Appreciate the suggestions gentlemen. Merry Christmas to you all.

Anti-oxidants will prevent your body from rusting.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Having moving air over your bed helps a lot, ceiling fans are ideal because the large slower moving blades don't make too much noise. It works because mosquito's home in on your scent and in moving air, they struggle to find you.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

You could always try this and hope the word gets out

The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Enjoy Tabasco on many different dishes,including Pizza,don't often suffer from mosquito bites,perhaps i now know the reason,lol.!!!
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Further comment to the above,prior to going to sleep spray your bedroom,close the door and wait perhaps 30 minutes before re-entering. The common repellent available in all stores,not sure of translated name,clear bottle with pink top,can certainly help,of course no guarantee.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

If you're not going to get window screens and want to have open windows to get that good sea breeze, a mosquito net over your bed may be the way to go. Tried and true for centuries. I've found them to give you a peaceful sleep for some reason. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Thanks for all the suggestions

boydeste
Novice
Novice

Post by boydeste »

Thailightzone wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:23 pm I live on a high floor of a condo, but recently I have been bitten by some mosquitos during the night. What do you guys suggest is the best defence against mosquitos?

Fan, Net, Zapper?

Do those high-frequency electronic devices work? What about lemongrass plants?

:guns:

Cheers
Mosquitos are not common at high levels especially in areas that get a constant breeze. Quite often people carry them in on their clothes without realising it. I would spray your room before you go out and hope you don't get anymore trouble.

I have to wear repellent whilst out at night, otherwise I get eaten alive. The active ingredient is DEET and is sold in most pharmacies in Thailand.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

migrant wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:12 pm You could always try this and hope the word gets out
Hahaha, Love it migrant 😂