Christmas & New Year's Eve 2020

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
pharvey

Re: Christmas 2020

Post by pharvey »

Happy Christmas all - hope it's as good as it possibly can be!! :thumb:
Xmas.jpg
Xmas.jpg (23.57 KiB) Viewed 897 times
:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

With my kids, and grandkids, back in the states I can really concentrate on what Christmas is all about, eating and drinking!!

Merry Christmas all!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, Happy Christmas!
Actually, against all the odds, I had an excellent Christmas eve dinner from an elderly couple down the road from me who very kindly took pity on me and invited me into their home this evening!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

STEVE G wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:45 am Yes, Happy Christmas!
Actually, against all the odds, I had an excellent Christmas eve dinner from an elderly couple down the road from me who very kindly took pity on me and invited me into their home this evening!
I trust you weren’t breaking any lockdown rules?

Merry Christmas!!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:03 am
STEVE G wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:45 am Yes, Happy Christmas!
I trust you weren’t breaking any lockdown rules?

Merry Christmas!!
No, you're allowed to invite into your home up to two people from one household here at the moment. I was very happy to be invited anywhere because virtually everything is closed here until Monday, even supermarkets and I've been working too much to make any preparations.
I even miss Thai 7-11's at times like this!
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

Happy christmas to everybody. Very jealous of you guys in thailand now. Lets hope for stability and progress in 2021.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Well, that's Christmas lunch done. Merry Christmas all. Buurrrppp!
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Merry Christmas everyone. I’ve decided to try something new this year. Maybe it’ll become a tradition. Hired a place in Cha Am to bring this to my in-law’s and cook it out front. Will certainly be memorable, if anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Jack_Batty wrote:Image
Merry Christmas everyone. I’ve decided to try something new this year. Maybe it’ll become a tradition. Hired a place in Cha Am to bring this to my in-law’s and cook it out front. Will certainly be memorable, if anything.

You see these being cooked every day on the road that leads to the beech in Cha Am - it’s not cheap mind you, so you must have taken out a second mortgage for that big girl (I’m assuming it’s not a big boy - that would be too big for a spit roast)!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:51 pm

You see these being cooked every day on the road that leads to the beech in Cha Am - it’s not cheap mind you, so you must have taken out a second mortgage for that big girl (I’m assuming it’s not a big boy - that would be too big for a spit roast)!!

30kg for 4,000฿. That includes bringing it from Cha Am and cooking on their spit contraption.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Jack_Batty wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:51 pm

30kg for 4,000฿. That includes bringing it from Cha Am and cooking on their spit contraption.
That’s a lot less than I was expecting - sold by the kg, it’s normally 300-350 Baht - enjoy!!

Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

It was fantastic! Perfectly cooked and TONS left over! 14 people had more than their fill.

STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I've done the pig roast a few times in Hua Hin as Christmas also coincides with my partners birthday. It also makes you much more popular with any local Thai's than if you gave them a plate of turkey and Brussels sprouts!
I've just completed a 20km hike through the Ardennes forest, (extreme social distancing!) and there was a sprinkling of snow above 400m so at least I can claim a slightly white Christmas.