TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: TV series worth watching/downloading

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:36 am
dtaai-maai wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:39 am I'm watching 24 again. It's as ridiculous and as compulsive as it was first time round.
I would have been tempted to shoot the fecking daughter myself in Season 1, but I guess that would of ended things a tad too quickly.... Could have called it "2" I guess :roll:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, like all these shows and movies, the plot is dependent on at least half the cast behaving completely irrationally. :roll: Not to mention the number of laws Bauer breaks in the average episode and the number of innocent bystanders who'd get mown down in real life - unacceptable even in the USA!
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We're currently watching Raised by Wolves. 70% done, and not a bad sci-fi story.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

This one could be interesting when it releases. According to Netflix on April 2.

The Serpent
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7985576/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

‘THE SERPENT’ SPARKS CONTROVERSY OVER BRITONS MURDERED ABROAD
https://www.andrew-drummond.com/2021/02 ... ed-abroad/
YNWA
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

huahin4ever wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:17 pm This one could be interesting when it releases. According to Netflix on April 2.

The Serpent
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7985576/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

‘THE SERPENT’ SPARKS CONTROVERSY OVER BRITONS MURDERED ABROAD
https://www.andrew-drummond.com/2021/02 ... ed-abroad/
This was aired in the UK back in January and received many comments in this thread at the time - most of them very positive and worth watching.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

8 episodes were screened from Jan 1 to Feb this year. I've watched all 8 and found it compelling. It appears that the true story that it's based on is actually darker than the series.
There's unlikely to be a second season as the story has come to an end.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:11 pm We're currently watching Raised by Wolves. 70% done, and not a bad sci-fi story.
I haven't a clue what really happened in the last 30% - went downhill fast when the android became pregnant, and never recovered
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Top Gear has just restarted with season 30 - the lads up to their usual tomfoolery in various vehicles.

First episode downloadable here for those that don't have iPlayer - https://eztv.re/ep/1609705/top-gear-s30 ... 4-organic/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

Thanks Buks. Very much appreciated
robcar
Professional
Professional

Post by robcar »

:cheers:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I must admit, I couldn't warm to Top Gear after the departure of the 3 goons, Clarkson, May and Hammond. The last time I watched was when Chris Evans was hosting. He was awful.

I'll watch this 30th season (which is only 4 episodes) and see if I've changed my mind.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I have to agree, although my enjoyment of the programme was beginning to diminish a bit with Clarkson and co, it was still quite watchable, but since their demise it has gone down hill and certainly Chris Evans was a disaster, but I have to admit I’ve given up watching it - I could be missing something but I doubt it - I’ll wait for HHTel’s verdict!!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I turned on the TV around 4 am and on GTV, channel 302, there was a series, in Turkish, with English subtitles. Is there an audience for this? How many Turks live in Thailand, in Hua Hin? They played about 5 in a row and afterward showed previews for 6 other series and as far as I could tell, they all have the same theme. A family involved in crime, a daughter who rebels, a father who resists, a mother who tries to placate both and a son who tries to persuade the daughter to return to the fold. I guess family crime is popular in Turkey.

The next day I made a trip to the Blue and Yellow Bookstore and stocked up so I wouldn't have to turn on the TV.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:57 pm I have to agree, although my enjoyment of the programme was beginning to diminish a bit with Clarkson and co, it was still quite watchable, but since their demise it has gone down hill and certainly Chris Evans was a disaster, but I have to admit I’ve given up watching it - I could be missing something but I doubt it - I’ll wait for HHTel’s verdict!!
Yes, Clarkson and co. were indeed wearing thin, I lasted 5 mins with Chris Evans & Le Blanc - truly dire.

I've only watched 1 or 2 with the latest trio of presenters, but have quite enjoyed them. Can't exactly say I'm a huge fan any longer though - which would also apply to Clarkson & co. on Amazon.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:57 pm I have to agree, although my enjoyment of the programme was beginning to diminish a bit with Clarkson and co, it was still quite watchable, but since their demise it has gone down hill and certainly Chris Evans was a disaster, but I have to admit I’ve given up watching it - I could be missing something but I doubt it - I’ll wait for HHTel’s verdict!!
I could not watch chris evans, watched two minutes of his first top gear and switched off. Never watched it again till this year on Sunday. The antics are similar to the old top gear, however I find I am still missing the banter of Clarkson,May and Hammond. Now it is a maybe watch, not a must watch as before.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Thailightzone wrote:The Brokenwood Mysteries

Not a Netflix super series, not an international award winner - but if you like the UK TV Series 'Death in Paradise' you would like this NZ series. Only 4 episodes per season, 6 seasons so far. Each episode is 90 minutes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3640276/
Thanks for this. Watched all 6 seasons now. And season 7 just started.

I thought it more like Midsomer Murders, but without the high body count. Speaking of which a new season of this has just started also.