What is best reason for non-o ?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
niggle
Guru
Guru

What is best reason for non-o ?

Post by niggle »

Impending arrival. Will be aplying for non-o at Hull. What is the best reason to put on appplication for for reason for requesting visa ?
Someone suggested - "to investigate retirement options". Advice ?
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

If that is what you are doing then that is probably what you should put, I think you will find that this option is already printed on the form on their website.

I have found them to be particularly helpful.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Hull are pretty relaxed with issuing Non Os.
First off, how long are you coming for? If it's for 3 months or under, then just ask for a single entry. If for longer, then I'd suggest a multi-entry that's valid for a year, although you have to exit the country every 90 days. Only single and multi-entries are available for Non O visas.
The reason for applying really depends on your circumstances. If you're over 50, then certainly "exploring the possibility of retirement" is one. I'd check that they'll issue a multi-entry on this basis. Maybe just a single????? I've never done it on that basis. If you're married to a Thai, then it's straightforward, but the marriage certificate translated into English, if necessary, will help expidite matters. If neither of these options are available to you, Hull will probably issue the visa on the basis of "visiting family and/or friends".
The one I got from there last Septenber was done on the basis of marriage, but I'm sure you still have the option to use family and friends (not so many places allow that now).
If in doubt, give them a call. The lady there is very friendly and helpful. She'll put you straight. Do call early though - sometimes you just can't get through. It's only the lady and the Honourary Consul at the office. Everything can be done by post and if you quote your credit/debit card number, you'll have the visa and passport back within a matter of days - normally three.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I've just taken a look at their website, which confirms that "visiting family and friends" is still available:
http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdfs/Ab%20 ... 20Pack.pdf
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

Hi Niggle,

Me and mates have always gone to London which is far tougher than Hull and they make you come back after 2 days to collect it.

London has always accepted:

Visiting friends who live there.
Visiting girlfriend who I have a serious relationship with
To travel around Thailand to learn about it's culture (tongue well in cheek on this one).

Friend here told me Hull asked him to wait and they gave it to him after one hour!!
Not sure what reason he wrote but if London accepts the above, Hull should.

Good luck mate and as Lomu said above make sure you ask for the 'M' multiple (90 quid), if you're planning visa runs to stay longer than the 3 months, very important, lots of people make that mistake.

Burger