Build Your Own PC/Desktop

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
buksida

Re: Build Your Own PC/Desktop

Post by buksida »

Offspring are nagging me for a PC for "school work" but I suspect a fair bit of gaming will be done on it.

New hardware prices are off the scale at the moment and you simply can't buy graphics cards. This has spawned a market for 'refurbished' computers and Lazada has hundreds of them from various shops such as this one:

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/comzing/

You can get something half decent for about 8k including the screen, but obviously warranty is limited to just a couple of months. Has anyone taken this route for a PC?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Unless for serious gaming on-board graphics should be more than enough. Unless a laptop or compact desktop a graphics card can be added later.
buksida

Post by buksida »

These refurbs come with graphics cards but they are low spec ones. Was asking more about the reliability of a used PC which I guess is just luck of the draw.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson