Women's rugby

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Women's rugby

Post by dtaai-maai »

Each to their own and all that, but women's rugby is never going to float my boat. If I'm honest, that goes for most sports. I use the BBC website quite a lot and am getting increasingly irritated by their tendency not to distinguish between male and female sports events - you see a headline about the 6 Nations or the World Cup and click on it, only to find it's the women's version that is referred to.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56605580
In her first BBC Sport column of the 2021 Women's Six Nations, England prop Shaunagh Brown talks about growing interest in the women's game, why her team cannot go for a Grand Slam and the importance of jigsaws in team building.

It feels like interest in the Women's Six Nations is growing this year because we are playing at a different time to the men.
Nah, don't think so.
Talk to any rugby fan and if they have an interest in the men's game, they will watch that first. There is only so much rugby you can watch.
Yep, that's for sure.
England won a second successive Grand Slam in 2020 and it is disappointing that we will not get to go for a third in a row.
Even that doesn't tempt me.
We have come up with creative ways of entertaining ourselves. Wing Jess Breach and scrum-half Leanne Riley have been doing painting by numbers.

There is a balcony at our hotel we can go on and they were doing it out there so I decided that would be a good place to do my jigsaw too.

Once I started, people came along to join in and we had a creativity corner going. Simon Middleton walked along the balcony yesterday like, "What is going on here?" He did not know his rugby players were this soft deep down.

We are very organised with our jigsaw. You have 'pickers' and then you have 'placers'.

The pickers will get the edges and the placers will put them together. Then you have a picker looking for certain colour schemes.
Oh dear God...
This is the way