Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which vaccine(s) have you or will you receive?

______First__________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
15%
Johnson & Johnson
1%
Moderna
1%
Pfizer
18%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
14%
Other
No votes
______Second________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
25%
Moderna
3%
Pfizer
20%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 79

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by Dannie Boy »

Not being critical, but it looks like a leap into the unknown!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

It does, but there is an option for them to update you when they know a bit more.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

[Mod Edit] This was moved to the Coronavirus Humour thread earlier today.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Govt defends Chinese vaccine amid social media concern
The Ministry of Public Health on Sunday insisted that CoronaVac, the vaccine developed by Chinese company Sinovac, could protect people against Covid-19, despite a claim on social media that a man who received the jab had not developed any immunity.

"The immunity develops two weeks after you have had your shots," said Dr Supakit Sirilak, chief of the Department of Medical Science (DMS) in response to concerns over the efficacy of the vaccine. "However, the level of immunity differs based on the virus variants."

Many people have responded to one man's claim that he received the state-sponsored jab and then bought a rapid test which showed he hadn't developed any immunity at all. Dr Supakit said anyone wanting to check the efficacy of their jabs should only have their immunity checked by standard laboratory tests.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ia-concern
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I Don't know if this guy is completely insane or were all screwed.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/exclu ... your-death Sent from my iPhone
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

handdrummer wrote:I Don't know if this guy is completely insane or were all screwed.

Insane.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/sp ... s-skeptic/

Lifesitenews seems to be an extreme "pro life", anti lgbtq, antivax, anti lots of stuff site. Got banned from youtube for spreading false (or non-mainstream if you like) covid cures, "facts", opinions, etc.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

hhinner wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:00 pm
handdrummer wrote:I Don't know if this guy is completely insane or were all screwed.

Insane.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/sp ... s-skeptic/

Lifesitenews seems to be an extreme "pro life", anti lgbtq, antivax, anti lots of stuff site. Got banned from youtube for spreading false (or non-mainstream if you like) covid cures, "facts", opinions, etc.
It could be both but, yes, Lifesitenews is definitely on the extreme political & social right.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

From what I've read about Michael Yeadon from various sources, I believe he's developed a brain disorder which can be caused by a number of 'ailments' and not physically obvious.

It doesn't appear to be the actions of a 'normal' person. Everyone who's known him cannot account for his 180 degree U-turn. From promoting vaccines and 'herd immunity' to stop the spread and then turning into a complete nutter.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear sometime in the future that this guy has developed Alzheimer's or similar.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Not to worry.

I had an antibody blood test a week after the first Pfizer shot and no antibodies were present. I had the same blood test again two weeks after the second Pfizer shot and protective antibodies were present.

I suspect all the vaccines take two to three weeks to stimulate the body's immune system to produce antibodies. The time frame probably varies from individual to individual depending on how robust their immune system is.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:43 pm From what I've read about Michael Yeadon from various sources, I believe he's developed a brain disorder which can be caused by a number of 'ailments' and not physically obvious.

It doesn't appear to be the actions of a 'normal' person. Everyone who's known him cannot account for his 180 degree U-turn. From promoting vaccines and 'herd immunity' to stop the spread and then turning into a complete nutter.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear sometime in the future that this guy has developed Alzheimer's or similar.
Maybe he experimented with too many of Pfizer's drugs.

Considering, that no drug company has ever invented a drug that's cured anything, maybe he has scientists remorse. :duck:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

A little unfair on drug companies. I'm sure some of the drugs that cure diseases were developed in pharma labs. I'll have a look when I'm too bored to do anything else. TB for example is completely curable. Who developed the drugs to cure that one?
buksida

Post by buksida »

The bit about the vaccine passports and app is scary and likely to be close to the truth - it will be the largest population tracking/surveillance system on the planet. What government won't want a piece of that.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

There has been a lot of planning that has been going on for decades that most people are totally unaware of. Have a look at the World Economic Forums Great Reset / 4th Industrial Revolution to see how complex that plan is which encompasses everything in your daily life.
They even admit the Covid pandemic is a great opportunity to bring in this change. We are at the point of a breakthrough in quantum computers, artificial intelligence and robotics. In the near future a lot of people’s jobs can be replaced with technology. To maintain a controlled society have a look at what the Chinese are doing with the social credit system. Do things the government approves of and you get more access and freedoms. Do things the government disapproves of and your rights and freedoms get taken away - for example unable to visit venues, or travel between provinces.
Michael Gove is in Israel at the moment studying their green pass system, and the UK government and others are keen to bring in something similar.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I was talking to a Russian friend a couple of days ago, and she was adamant that the Russian Embassy will be sorting vaccinations for the Russians in Thailand. I thought absolutely no chance. Now today I read that the Bhutan Embassy will vaccinate its citizens in Thailand.

Whilst I think there is zero chance of the UK government worrying about its citizens in Thailand, is this even a remote possibility?

https://www.mfa.gov.bt/?page_id=9907
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Dream on - those that leave the UK are regarded as scum in the eyes of the govt.

Though something has to be done as Thailand's attitude towards foreigners will result in the majority of them being unvaccinated.

Edit: here is a thought, if you took out an insurance policy that included Covid cover, would it include vaccination? It could be a lot cheaper than paying what these hospitals/businesses will be charging farangs.