Premier League 2020-21

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Re: Premier League 2020-21

Post by Big Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:17 pm I totally agree, but it should be this season. That would put them a point below Spurs. Coincidentally. :laugh:
Exactly, and by doing so, it would punish the vandals and thieves who committed the crime. Don't worry about the players, they will still pick up their obscene pay checks at the end of the month, and maybe take a sideways move to get their European football next season.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:14 am ... how the SU player was not sent off for stamping on Lo Celso's head escapes me completely.
Agreed, that was absurd. Especially with some of the 'follow through' red cards we've seen of recent, I thought a stamp to the head would justify dangerous play. Fortunately, it didn't matter in the end.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Topspin wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:05 pm Loving the reactions from the usual kneejerkers :duck: :naughty:
And your contribution is? :blabla: :neener:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Personally, and I harbour no underlying intense hatred of United, I think they should be banned from football altogether. Or made to start again in the conference or something, à la Rangers.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Topspin
Banned
Banned

Post by Topspin »

lindosfan1 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:39 pm
Topspin wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:05 pm Loving the reactions from the usual kneejerkers :duck: :naughty:
My contribution is not to post ridiculous "angry old man" comments. It's a bit like saying Tottenham Hotspurs should be deducted points for allowing Bale and Delli Ali to sport offensive hair styles :neener: :cheers:
To all conspiracy theorists...“when you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.” :naughty:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Topspin wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:41 am
lindosfan1 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:39 pm
My contribution is not to post ridiculous "angry old man" comments. It's a bit like saying Tottenham Hotspurs should be deducted points for allowing Bale and Delli Ali to sport offensive hair styles :neener: :cheers:
Thanks lesson 1 espect your elders. Lesson 2 try to reply with with some relevance, lesson 3 insults roll of my back, Iessson 3 your comments are irrelevant. my comments about Manure are relevant.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Topspin
Banned
Banned

Post by Topspin »

Respect is earned not given :tsk:

Do you jump up and down with righteous indignation every time the Scousers attack a visiting teams coach? :cuss: Liverpool would now be playing Sunday League pub footie :laugh:
To all conspiracy theorists...“when you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.” :naughty:
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

I don't know how this will pan out but if police were employed to provide security in and around the stadium and failed to do so then the responsibility should be theirs,difficult as it is to stop a couple of hundred people bent on causing trouble.

But how's about this scenario...
Suppose Spurs have a home game and they find out their is going to be a demonstration against the clubs owners.
They employ police in and around the stadium but they fail to stop a nutter with a gun getting inside who shoots both Harry Kane and Son Hueng-Min in the legs whilst the teams are coming out of the players tunnel.
The game is naturally postponed.
In the view of some of our "liberal" posters, what would be an appropriate punishment for The Spuds ??

A fine
A 12 point deduction
Relegation
:rasta:
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

The game was called off as a result of: 'a co-determination from both police, clubs, the Premier League and local governments'.

Who are you going to blame?

Fans protesting away from the stadium outside hotels - who can be held responsible for that? And that was preventing the coaches from leaving safely.

As I said in my earlier post, the number of stewards and policing at the stadium was light considering the protests were well advertised, but can United be blamed for the light policing? And stewards aren't paid to be an extension of the law to physically prevent access by idiots. In fact the Police were there, outnumbered, so resorted to filming offenders.

So yes, one of the causes of the game being called off was about 200 idiots invading the pitch, but that wasn't the sole cause by any means.

I'm no United fan and only visited Old Trafford once to see Chelsea play - and ended the night with a lock in at a pub in Eccles! But I just can't see any severe punishment coming there way and if there is, I bet it will be appealed.

Edit, just saw Zidanes post after posting mine.
Talk is cheap
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

If you ended up in a pub in Eccles then that was punishment enough for you :cheers:
If the clubs notify the police of potential trouble and it still can't be prevented then no way can the clubs be punished imo.
And how can a club be punished for trouble outside a teams hotel ??
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

caller wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:50 am Who are you going to blame?
There are so many precedents of clubs being punished because of the behaviour of their fans, you shouldn't need to ask that question.

Points 51; Position 21
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Where's one where fans weren't allowed in the stadiums ?
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:08 pm
caller wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:50 am Who are you going to blame?
There are so many precedents of clubs being punished because of the behaviour of their fans, you shouldn't need to ask that question.
Fighting in and around the stadium yes, but protests at a hotel well away from the ground? It's not illegal to stage a protest in the UK as far as I am aware. I don't think you can punish clubs for others taking lawful action. It's a messy, complicated situation, with no obvious precedent, coupled with a lack of foresight from all relevant authorities.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

But there was plenty going on in and around the stadium. It was televised live. I saw the police officer with his fractured eye socket on the news this morning. If they let them get away with it, all that I can say is the world has totally lost it, and the lunatics are running the asylum. Anarchy has taken over.

If there is no punishment, it will be the green light for similar actions.

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

But surely the punishment should be against the offenders, not the club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk