Bangkok Post 75th Anniversary

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
PeteC

Bangkok Post 75th Anniversary

Post by PeteC »

They've come out with an exclusive edition with all the important stories here over the past 75 years. You can read most of it at the below link, and you can buy it for 345 Baht. You can find more details at the second link. A lot of history (with photos) about this place in those pages. :cheers:

https://thailandjourney.bangkokpost.com/timeline

https://www.bangkokpost.com/specials/75 ... ngkokpost/
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
electricwarrior

Re: Bangkok Post 75th Anniversary

Post by electricwarrior »

I have very fond memories of the BP back in the day when I used to fly in to Don Muang and always passed the BP offices en route to Pattaya. Mornings by the pool doing the crossword and reading about Gen. Chavalit. Nothing much changed on the corruption front these past 25yrs (for me anyway).
Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I still enjoy reading a paper, not over the computer. I used to buy the BP when I was at market village but Asia books stopped carrying it. Does anyone know where you can still buy it?
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

There's a stationary store, on the West side of Phetkhasem, near Soi 70? There are steps, from the sidewalk, leading up to the store. They used to carry newspapers, incl. the Financial Times but I don't know if they still do. You could probably order a subscription.
Chazz14
Professional
Professional

Post by Chazz14 »

There is a newspaper shop which sells the BP in Sra Song Road...

From the Tesabaan, head inland towards the Railway Station and take the first turn on the right (Sra Song Road).

The shop is approx. 200 metres down on the right.

I haven't been there for a few months - best to get there before about 1000 as she seems to sell out quickly...
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

1970 Dusit Thani Hotel

The Dusit’s facilities included Bimbo’s Show Bar 😦
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The BP lost all cred for me when they capitulated after Thaksin tried to sue them over the runway scandal.

Its a state mouthpiece and propaganda machine IMO - the Thai equivalent of Xinhua.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

buksida wrote:The BP lost all cred for me when they capitulated after Thaksin tried to sue them over the runway scandal.

Its a state mouthpiece and propaganda machine IMO - the Thai equivalent of Xinhua.
One or two of the editorial opinion writers are quite scathing of the government. K. Atiya for one and K. Paritta for another, both female. Many of the older (male) writers are government shills or just brainwashed from infancy.