Premier League 2021-22

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2021-22

Post by Lost »

Lost wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:36 pm I'm sure Tottenham will manage to feck it all up tomorrow against the Arse, though.

:cheers:
Wasn't gonna bother watching the game today. Watching spurs hasn't really been interesting recently, rather watch a movie. But I'm really glad I changed my mind... :laugh:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

34 minutes on the clock and Spurs are 3-0 down. What a difference a month makes when Spurs were top and Arsenal were bottom of the league!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

head in hands.jpg
head in hands.jpg (4.36 KiB) Viewed 340 times
This is the way
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

All we heard before the game was wait until Arsenal play Spurs, that will be their test. Now the "experts" are saying wait until they play xxxxxx
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Man City were incredible against Chelsea. I guess they didn't want to suffer 4 consecutive defeats? It also demonstrated that at the very top level, how important Mason Mount is for Chelsea. Pity he got injured in midweek.

As for Utd. They have been riding their luck in a few games and that luck run out.

The Arsenal game was fun. I felt for Harry Kane for Sako's 3rd. I can't work out why he slipped over in attack, but he then ran all the way back and became the only Spud to put a challenge in, unfortunately only resulting in setting Sako up. But where was the defence?

Dele is one lazy player! Mourinho was right. Looks like the spuds will follow the pattern of Arsenals demise after building a new stadium.
Talk is cheap
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

This is a footballer I can like and admire.
Sadio Mane, a Senegalese Soccer Star that plays for the British team in Liverpool, earns approximately 10.2 million dollars a year and has given the world a lesson in modesty after fans spotted him carrying a cracked iPhone. His response is legendary:
"Why would I want 10 Ferraris, 20 diamond watches and two jet planes? What would that do for the world? I starved, I worked in the fields, I played barefoot, and I didn't go to school. Now I can help people. I prefer to build schools and give poor people food or clothing. I have built schools [and] a stadium; we provide clothes, shoes, and food for people in extreme poverty. In addition, I give 70 euros per month to all people from a very poor Senegalese region in order to contribute to their family economy. I do not need to display luxury cars, luxury homes, trips, and even planes. I prefer that my people receive a little of what life has given me," Mane said.
👏🌿🌎😎 #givingbackmatters #charity #sadiomane
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Tough match again today but before it starts, let's give some respect to 'Arry.
respect.png
respect.png (89.7 KiB) Viewed 285 times
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^I had to get the magnifying glass out, but it was worth it - a true LOL moment! :laugh: :laugh:
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

lindosfan1 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:36 am This is a footballer I can like and admire.
Sadio Mane, a Senegalese Soccer Star that plays for the British team in Liverpool, earns approximately 10.2 million dollars a year and has given the world a lesson in modesty after fans spotted him carrying a cracked iPhone. His response is legendary:
"Why would I want 10 Ferraris, 20 diamond watches and two jet planes? What would that do for the world? I starved, I worked in the fields, I played barefoot, and I didn't go to school. Now I can help people. I prefer to build schools and give poor people food or clothing. I have built schools [and] a stadium; we provide clothes, shoes, and food for people in extreme poverty. In addition, I give 70 euros per month to all people from a very poor Senegalese region in order to contribute to their family economy. I do not need to display luxury cars, luxury homes, trips, and even planes. I prefer that my people receive a little of what life has given me," Mane said.
👏🌿🌎😎 #givingbackmatters #charity #sadiomane
With all due respect, I've read some very differing reports..... But OK, his Audi is only around the 120K mark.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:29 am With all due respect, I've read some very differing reports..... But OK, his Audi is only around the 120K mark.
Me too, but I didn't want to upset lindosfan again! :laugh: :laugh: And I think his Mercedes G63 AMG and Bentley Continental may be worth more. But let's not forget that his iphone is cracked, bless him...
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:49 amBut let's not forget that his iphone is cracked, bless him...
Do feel for him, chipped the screen on my Tesco Smartphone - bl**dy nightmare.... :banghead:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

pharvey wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:02 am
dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:49 amBut let's not forget that his iphone is cracked, bless him...
Do feel for him, chipped the screen on my Tesco Smartphone - bl**dy nightmare.... :banghead:

Here is another source from his manager
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

lindosfan1 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:02 am

Fair shout lindos and I hope it's all correct (it would be nice) - I guess I just find the news of the "decent" side of these guys hard to believe. The majority (IMO) are overpaid, spoilt twunts.

Sorry...
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

pharvey wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:48 am
lindosfan1 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:02 am

Fair shout lindos and I hope it's all correct (it would be nice) - I guess I just find the news of the "decent" side of these guys hard to believe. The majority (IMO) are overpaid, spoilt twunts.

Sorry...
Not a problem ,I agree with this comment though.
The majority (IMO) are overpaid, spoilt twunts.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Much much better from us today. Should have finished the game earlier, mind. Kane still not firing yet. I can't see Dele starting a game for us again in the league. He'll be Europa conference league fodder at best. Much needed win!

Liverpool City up next. Should be a cracker.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.