Manny Pacquiao retires from boxing

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Manny Pacquiao retires from boxing

Post by PeteC »

Quite a talent and success he's had. :bow: Now, I understand he's going to run for the President of the Philippines.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/21896 ... rom-boxing

MANILA: Philippine superstar and presidential hopeful Manny Pacquiao announced on Wednesday he is retiring from boxing after a glittering decades-long career in the ring, describing it as the "hardest decision" of his life.

"It is difficult for me to accept that my time for me as a boxer is over," Pacquiao, 42, who plans to run for president in the 2022 elections, said in a video message on Twitter.

"Today I am announcing my retirement."

The eight-division world champion and national hero made the announcement weeks after losing his last professional fight, against Cuban Yordenis Ugas in Las Vegas.

Pacquiao, who entered politics in 2010 as a congressman before being elected to the Senate, said last week he will make a tilt for the country's highest office.

Pacquiao, a married father of five, thanked his millions of fans around the world, and paid special tribute to his long-time trainer Freddie Roach who he described as "my family, a brother and a friend".
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Manny Pacquiao retires from boxing

Post by migrant »

Great career!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Manny Pacquiao retires from boxing

Post by Dannie Boy »

migrant wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:41 pmGreat career!
Let’s hope his next one is similar - he must stand a good chance of becoming the next PM, pity he’s not Thai!!