Menthol cigarettes

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Menthol cigarettes

Post by wenshidi »

None of the shops I went to today had any green L&Ms available.
Has the government decoded to ban menthol cigarettes?
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Menthol cigarettes

Post by HHTel »

I've been smoking menthols ever since I arrived here (20 years). However being a cheap charlie, I buy the Thai versions.
Started out with Sai Phon (Falling Rain) until they went up in price. Since then I smoke SMS Green and if they're not available then Iscore Green. Both at 60 baht a pack.
Works for me.

No, they definitely haven't banned menthols.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:11 pm I've been smoking menthols ever since I arrived here (20 years). However being a cheap charlie, I buy the Thai versions.
Started out with Sai Phon (Falling Rain) until they went up in price. Since then I smoke SMS Green and if they're not available then Iscore Green. Both at 60 baht a pack.
Works for me.

No, they definitely haven't banned menthols.
If they do, roll up some tobacco in mint leaves and smoke them like a Bidi. Cough, cough.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Last year I gave up a near 40 a day habit and turned to E cigs. My brand Relx Kurve. Loads of pod flavours inc. menthol.

HHTel..I thought you had already changed to E cigs?

https://letsrelx.com/
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Yes I have. However I still have a cigarette now and again - probably 2 or 3 a day. Like you, I was a 40 a day guy.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

I was under the mpression that e-cigs were illegal here.

I think that they would also work out more expensive for casual smokers like myself who only smoke one or two a day max.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I was under the impression that e-cigs were illegal here.
You're quite right. They are illegal. So is prostitution!!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

HHTel wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:10 am Yes I have. However I still have a cigarette now and again - probably 2 or 3 a day. Like you, I was a 40 a day guy.
Every now and then I get that lil devil on my shoulder urging me to buy a pack. I'm not sure if I have the willpower to stick at 2 or 3 a day :thumb:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I'm sticking to one (cigar) a day.
cigar9.jpg
cigar9.jpg (132.8 KiB) Viewed 429 times
https://halfwheel.com/review-cromagnon- ... QFXhUAAuSw
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

migrant wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:48 pm I'm sticking to one (cigar) a day.

cigar9.jpg

https://halfwheel.com/review-cromagnon- ... QFXhUAAuSw
Looks like a burning turd.
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

E cigs prostitution gambling and taking bribes all illegal in Thailand as we all know🙄
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

sateeb wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:35 am
HHTel wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:10 am Yes I have. However I still have a cigarette now and again - probably 2 or 3 a day. Like you, I was a 40 a day guy.
Every now and then I get that lil devil on my shoulder urging me to buy a pack. I'm not sure if I have the willpower to stick at 2 or 3 a day :thumb:
The trick is to place you're pack of cigs somewhere where's it's not easily accessible. In my case I have a packet in my mailbox. That entails a 70m walk to the gate, out of the gate, unlock my mailbox and take a cigarette.

It's worked so far. I find the biggest urge for a cigarette is when it's raining!! So far I haven't fought the rain just to get one.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

HHTel wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:12 pm
sateeb wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:35 am
The trick is to place you're pack of cigs somewhere where's it's not easily accessible. In my case I have a packet in my mailbox. That entails a 70m walk to the gate, out of the gate, unlock my mailbox and take a cigarette.

It's worked so far. I find the biggest urge for a cigarette is when it's raining!! So far I haven't fought the rain just to get one.
After a couple of Bombay n Tonic I would probably crawl over broken glass to get to my ciggies in the post box :laugh: :laugh:

― George Carlin