Fury vs Wilder III

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Fury vs Wilder III

Post by Lost »

Anyone watching the trilogy conclusion? About 4am our time. Fury won the first (though judges scored it a draw) and easily won the second. Wilder blamed his heavy ringwalk suit for wearing him down the last time. Can Fury make it 3 out of 3?

Wilder: "You don't have knockout power. I didn't feel nothing!"

Also Wilder:

Screenshot_20211009_085241.jpg
Screenshot_20211009_085241.jpg (185.17 KiB) Viewed 161 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Re: Fury vs Wilder

Post by pharvey »

Fully disappointed in not/unlikely to be able to see Fury vs Joshua with the latter putting the "Gypsy King" on his fat arse...

As for Fury vs Wilder, both are complete and utter tossers, so no I won't be watching at 4am. As for the result, I would expect Fury to take it, but Wilder does have one hell of a punch and could pull one out of the bag...
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:35 pm Fully disappointed in not/unlikely to be able to see Fury vs Joshua with the latter putting the "Gypsy King" on his fat arse...
Yup, that was the one everyone wanted. After watching Joshua's pathetic performance against Usyk though, I'm not sure he'd stand a chance against Fury. Not gonna happen anyway now Joshua's lost all his belts.
As for Fury vs Wilder, both are complete and utter tossers, so no I won't be watching at 4am. As for the result, I would expect Fury to take it, but Wilder does have one hell of a punch and could pull one out of the bag...
They are indeed both bellends! I still enjoy watching a good old ruck, though. And yes, Wilder's got a devastating right which put Fury down before. How he got up, and continued to outbox Wilder, nobody knows! :D

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:16 amYup, that was the one everyone wanted. After watching Joshua's pathetic performance against Usyk though, I'm not sure he'd stand a chance against Fury. Not gonna happen anyway now Joshua's lost all his belts.
Not a "pathetic performance" IMO, he simply used completely the wrong tactics in trying to outbox a class boxer - rather than using his weight and power advantage. I hope there's a re-match and a tactical change!!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:13 am
Lost wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:16 amYup, that was the one everyone wanted. After watching Joshua's pathetic performance against Usyk though, I'm not sure he'd stand a chance against Fury. Not gonna happen anyway now Joshua's lost all his belts.
Not a "pathetic performance" IMO, he simply used completely the wrong tactics in trying to outbox a class boxer - rather than using his weight and power advantage. I hope there's a re-match and a tactical change!!

:cheers: :cheers:
Heard a lot of comments after the fight saying how he got his tactics completely wrong. I'm not that clued up in boxing just thought it was a really poor performance. Anywho he's apparently triggered his rematch clause so see if he can make a better job of it next time round. If he does, we may still get Joshua/Fury after all. :D
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

For anybody wanting to watch the fight, it's on Thai TV PPTV36, which is a free channel, and has dual language.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

One of the best fights I've seen! What a battle!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Phew! It wasn't my plan to watch it, but since I was up... and I'm so glad I did - what a fight! How on earth Wilder stayed on his feet as long as he did, I'll never know.
Zero respect for Fury the man - can't stand him - but you have to give him credit for that performance, particularly after Round 4.
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thoroughly enjoyed it. The best man won.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
buksida

Re: Fury vs Wilder III

Post by buksida »

A good ol' sluggin match - great fight, enjoyed it.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson