Flying to/from Thailand (Covid Era)

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Thailand tourist slump continues

Post by oakdale160 »

How do you find a list of the hotels that are acceptable for 1 night stay, I have had 2 Pfizer shots and will have a 3rd before I travel.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

oakdale160 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:00 am How do you find a list of the hotels that are acceptable for 1 night stay, I have had 2 Pfizer shots and will have a 3rd before I travel.
This might help, was posted on Facebook by Richard Barrow in Thailand: "We are expecting at least 300 SHA+ hotels to be added soon for #Bangkok. Keep an eye on this link: https://www.thailandsha.com/shalists/in ... k&keyword= "
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Even on international sites like Booking.com, many Thai hotels are now listed as SHA Certified.
stretch
Professional
Professional

Post by stretch »

Have elderly friends trying to return to hua hin flying from uk with a stop off of 3 hours in dubai will this be classed as direct from the uk.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:I think joelle (might have been somebody else) put a link on here earlier suggesting the new Thailand Pass won't happen until the 8th or 9th November.

[Edit] Here it is. I don't like Richard Barrow, but he usually talks the truth, which is quite rare at the moment.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=38906&p=546490#p546490
Thanks for this BB, I missed it originally so would have been completely in the dark. I’m thinking that pushing my return back by a week might be the best option - I just need to convince my wife it’s the best option!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:00 pm I think joelle (might have been somebody else) put a link on here earlier suggesting the new Thailand Pass won't happen until the 8th or 9th November.

[Edit] Here it is. I don't like Richard Barrow, but he usually talks the truth, which is quite rare at the moment.

Yes it was me, not too keen on Richard Barrow either but thought the information was interesting to know
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

stretch wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:10 pm Have elderly friends trying to return to hua hin flying from uk with a stop off of 3 hours in dubai will this be classed as direct from the uk.
Yes, if only transit time in DBX
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

sateeb wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:16 pm
stretch wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:10 pm Have elderly friends trying to return to hua hin flying from uk with a stop off of 3 hours in dubai will this be classed as direct from the uk.
Yes, if only transit time in DBX
Is that from experience Sateeb ?

I have a friend who flew Singapore Airlines on the 15th to Phuket Sandbox with a short stop off in Singapore to change aircraft. To enter Thailand he had to have a test no later than 3 days before flying which he did 3 days before. When he got to Heathrow they wouldn't let him check in as Singapore require you take the test no later than 2 days before flying. He had to go and get another test, cost about 30 GBP, when he returned to H/row he had missed his flight and had to wait for the next one, then had to wait 9 hours in Singapore for a connection. Took him 36 hours all told to reach Phuket so I would check Dubai's entry requirements to be safe.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Not from experience but I have booked Emirates BKK to Manchester via DBX next year and as far as I remember there was no mention of further tests whilst in transit but, fair point made and it would be probably be better to double check with the relevant authorities, whoever they may be and get multiple different answers.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I flew from BKK to the UK via Abu Dhabi in the UAE and there were no problems with transit and I’m assuming it will be the same on my return - the UAE is one of the countries listed as approved for quarantine-free entry to Thailand same as the UK.

usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

So, I decided to pull my finger out & crack on with my 90 day Non O visa application.
Now my plan (cunning as always) was to book my flight for mid-Dec..plenty of time to sort things one would presume.
Well, farce #1 is the webpage for London's Thai Embassy...It just had me going round & round in circles!
#2 was when I tried to use/access the Thai Immigration's site for an E-visa application.. That site is down/not working... AGH.. :banghead:
I have since found out that the present ruling is to apply for any Non O visas not less than 45 days before departure...45 days!! AND I have to show booking confirmation with the application.
I have a flight voucher from Emirates, valid till April 2023... I wonder if by then I will be able to use it..?
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Re: Flying into Thailand, latest updates

Post by pitsch »

It would be easier to apply for a Non O visa in Thailand, if you have the money in the bank.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote:
Big Boy wrote:I think joelle (might have been somebody else) put a link on here earlier suggesting the new Thailand Pass won't happen until the 8th or 9th November.

Thanks for this BB, I missed it originally so would have been completely in the dark. I’m thinking that pushing my return back by a week might be the best option - I just need to convince my wife it’s the best option!!

In view of all the uncertainties, I’ve pushed my return back by a week (at great cost changing my ticket) but it was too much of a worry that it would all go wrong at the last minute - hopefully the extra week will allow for any bugs to be resolvedImage

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't think I've seen this graphic before:
Pass.jpg
(215.13 KiB) Downloaded 492 times
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20