90 day reporting

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: 90 day reporting

Post by StevePIraq »

In and out in 3 minutes flat when I did mine, excellent service. I questioned about 24 hour reporting when first returning to Thailand and was advised it is still compulsary following any quarantine you may have done.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I did my 90 day report at Bluport today and the thing that occurred to me, should tourists return, is how inadequate the new location is. It could get very busy at the old office and the design of the new place isn't compatible with that.
Talk is cheap
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

I live in Cha Am. Can I do my 90 day report at the Blueport office?
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

LolaBeltran wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:54 am I live in Cha Am. Can I do my 90 day report at the Blueport office?
No you need to go to Tha Yang or do it online
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

Thanks Joelle. I suspected as much. I will now see what I can do with the online procedure. Wish me luck!
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

LolaBeltran wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:56 am Thanks Joelle. I suspected as much. I will now see what I can do with the online procedure. Wish me luck!
Nice and easy
Good luck :wink:
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

Went in Monday to the Thayang Immigration office. Things appeared very busy and I nearly turned around to return another day . . .but I finally decided to give it a shot. This was my first in-person 90 day checkin since retiring and I was not sure what to expect. I had already printed out and filled in my TM 47. Handed this with my passport to the clerk at the desk in the big open room near the parking lot. I fully expected a long wait and having to check in with an officer in the front main office. I sat down and watched the clerk unstaple the old TM47 check and stamp a few things and then come over and hand me my passport. Finished? I asked in amazement. She said yes, showed me the next report date and I was out in under 5 minutes. I was VERY impressed ( my new visa extension had taken all morning) so kudos to Thayang Immigration!
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

LolaBeltran wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:53 pm Went in Monday to the Thayang Immigration office. Things appeared very busy and I nearly turned around to return another day . . .but I finally decided to give it a shot. This was my first in-person 90 day checkin since retiring and I was not sure what to expect. I had already printed out and filled in my TM 47. Handed this with my passport to the clerk at the desk in the big open room near the parking lot. I fully expected a long wait and having to check in with an officer in the front main office. I sat down and watched the clerk unstaple the old TM47 check and stamp a few things and then come over and hand me my passport. Finished? I asked in amazement. She said yes, showed me the next report date and I was out in under 5 minutes. I was VERY impressed ( my new visa extension had taken all morning) so kudos to Thayang Immigration!
That is how the 90 day should be - but why not save yourself the visit and do it on line?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

From what I have gleaned about the online 90 day checkin service. . . what I did Monday was far easier! (Had to travel through Tayang anyway so just a quick stop.)

Besides since this was the first checkin after a visa change ( work visa to retirement visa) I understood that I needed to do the first checkin in person.

I will try the online option in February when I am due again.
caller
Hero
Hero

An odd 90 day report - thoughts anyone?

Post by caller »

My 90 day report was scheduled for 30th April. As I had an appt. with my bank in Bluport on 26th, I thought I would kill 2 birds with one stone.

It was the afternoon and there was no queue and everything appeared as normal. My visa extension is due on 20 August. 1st odd thing, was that my next 90 day report was set for 24th July. I was surprised it wasn't the 30th, but no big deal. Also, the 24th is a Sunday.

Then the odd bit, for me at least. But maybe what happened next is the norm and I just never had this happen to me in the past. I was told by the female officer that I couldn't do my next 90 day report at Bluport and that I had to attend the main office. Huh? Then she said that as my visa extension is on 20th August, that I had to apply for an 'application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom' on 24th July (Sunday) - and I have the application form she gave me in front of me. But of course, I already have permission to stay until the 20th August? I was and remain confused. Anyone else had this?

I think I'll do my next 90 day report online!
Talk is cheap
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: An odd 90 day report - thoughts anyone?

Post by handdrummer »

90-day reports are scheduled for 90 days from the day you report, regardless of what day it falls on. If you report 3 days earlier than scheduled, your next report will be 90 days from the day you report, not 90 days from the day you're supposed to report. If your 90-day report falls within 30 days of your visa extension, they want you to get your visa extension during that period. It would be best to talk to an Imm officer at the main office to clarify the procedure. If you have a Thai speaker handy give them a call, and save the trip.

File this under Thai Logic.

This is my experience, someone else's may be different.
Meerkat
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Meerkat »

I drove out to Immigration this Tuesday for a re-entry permit and was surprised to get a bonus in the shape of my 90 day report extended by six weeks or so. No questions, no arguments!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

So what she said to me is standard practice? Odd to me, as my extension has been within 30 days from my last 90 day report for yonks. I just do the 90 day report as normal and then the extension as normal. I have never had to do as this lady outlines. Oh well, you live and learn.
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Thanks for the feedback, by the way.
Talk is cheap
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re:

Post by handdrummer »

I went to IMM at Bluport, Monday, for my 90-day parole check-in. I asked the woman, who was filling out the new piece of paper; What is the reason for the 90-day report?" She just smiled and handed me my passport. The older officer sitting next to her suddenly jumped up and said, "It's the law." I smiled and replied, "Yes, I know it's the law, but what is the reason for the law?" She said, forcefully," Because you have to report every 90 days." "Oh, now I understand, thank you."

And that's why my favorite quotation is by Dante: "Abandon hope, all ye who enter
here."

Perhaps we could start a new thread, titled Thai Logic.