Hua Hin bars closed/or reopening?

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
PeteC

Re: Bars closed/Now reopening?

Post by PeteC »

Good god!...throw the meds away until after the Holidays! :laugh:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

How stupid !

On Thursday night the centara would not serve us wine with food, but today I get beer in the bottle with no food .
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I must say, it was lovely to be back in a busy, but well managed bar last night, and the best bit - side effects the last couple of times drinking did not materialise. New normal was very much like old normal.

My first time in a bar since March.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Restaurants allowed to sell Alcohol

Post by Stargeezer »

Is it true that restaurants are finally allowed to sell alcohol again?
I hope so as it is about time. I do hope that
some bar will be allowed to open in January as well.
Just my thoughts.
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Absolutely. First time I had a gin and tonic IN A GLASS for months. Bars are clamoring for restaurant licences and an SHA certificate. Neither seems to be a problem.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Restaurants allowed to sell Alcohol

Post by thecolonel »

Stargeezer wrote:Is it true that restaurants are finally allowed to sell alcohol again?
Just my thoughts.
January?! Plenty bars open now....

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Restaurants allowed to sell Alcohol

Post by Dannie Boy »

thecolonel wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:53 am
Stargeezer wrote:Is it true that restaurants are finally allowed to sell alcohol again?
Just my thoughts.
January?! Plenty bars open now....

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk
I think it’s because Stargeezer is hoping to visit in January!!
buksida

Post by buksida »

There must be some serious tea money flying around in HH, the bars are not allowed to open where we are at the other end of the province.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

buksida wrote:There must be some serious tea money flying around in HH, the bars are not allowed to open where we are at the other end of the province.
HH is a blue zone. The rest of the province isn't.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:12 am There must be some serious tea money flying around in HH, the bars are not allowed to open where we are at the other end of the province.
I think you are probably right, but we are a Blue Zone, not a Blue Province.

We were told we could only drink if we had food, but we normally eat with our drink anyway. Last orders were strictly called at 9:50, and I didn't see any drinks served after 10. I'm an old git, and am happy to be tucked up in bed by 11. However, my son and his wife moved onto another SHA+ place that served until 11. When that closed, they moved on to another (non-SHA) bar until 2:30 (early finish because they had work in the morning).

So what I think I'm saying is we have the best of both worlds here at the moment. We have the fully legal element, which would satisfy normal people, plus the illegal bit for the naughty boy element and hardened drinkers who like to be locked in back rooms, and drink out of unconventional vessels :D.

For me, if this is New Normal, it works well.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Lucky for you guys, the rest of the province is still in lockdown. :guns:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

source : Hua Hin Today Facebook page
Restaurants in Hua Hin are now allowed to serve alcohol.
According to an order from the Governor of Prachuap Khiri Khan, restaurants can serve alcohol to customers until 10pm.
Restaurants must have an SHA or SHA+ safety certification to be able to serve alcohol, the order stated.

The order, which is effective immediately applies only to restaurants in Hua Hin and Nong Khae districts.

Any establishment serving alcohol without the necessary safety certification will be in breach of the provincial order.
Strict penalties are in place for anyone who breaches the rules regarding alcohol.
Violators could see themselves fall foul of not one but two orders.
The first would be non compliance of “Section 51” of the Communicable Diseases Act 2015, which is a fine of up to 20,000 baht, as well as breaching “Section 52” of the Communicable Disease Act 2015, which could result in imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year, a fine not exceeding 100,000 Baht or both.

Bars, pubs and other entertainment venues remain closed.

The order from the governor was actually dated Nov 30th but was only made public on Friday Dec 3rd.

The news follows a similar announcement earlier this week from officials in Cha Am who gave restaurants in the town permission to serve alcohol.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

With over 1/3rd of the province's cases, Hua Hin was the natural choice for the Blue Zone :shock: TIT.

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

My local had no problem getting an SHA certificate. A few pics (entrance, sanitizer, washing facility etc) gets him the certificate without a visit!!
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

HHTel wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:13 pm My local had no problem getting an SHA certificate. A few pics (entrance, sanitizer, washing facility etc) gets him the certificate without a visit!!
:laugh: :laugh: :rasta: TIT :wink: