Thai Mail - Posting documents to Europe

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Big Boy

Re: Thai Mail - Posting documents to Europe

Post by Big Boy »

hhinner wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:51 pm You could try Thai Post contact centre on 1545.

https://www.thailandpost.co.th/index.ph ... anguage=en
I filled in the investigation form, and must say that I surprised to get a response. I think it is telling me delivery time for EMS is up to 4 months and Long Tabien up to 6 months. They aren't exactly up front with this information when you buy the service.
Remark
1. The investigation inquiry of registered item, parcel and money order should be lodged within 6 months after the posting date.
2. The investigation inquiry of EMS item or EMS money order should be lodged within 4 months after the posting date.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:
hhinner wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:51 pm You could try Thai Post contact centre on 1545.

https://www.thailandpost.co.th/index.ph ... anguage=en
I filled in the investigation form, and must say that I surprised to get a response. I think it is telling me delivery time for EMS is up to 4 months and Long Tabien up to 6 months. They aren't exactly up front with this information when you buy the service.
Remark
1. The investigation inquiry of registered item, parcel and money order should be lodged within 6 months after the posting date.
2. The investigation inquiry of EMS item or EMS money order should be lodged within 4 months after the posting date.
I think it's saying if you want them to investigate you should lodge the inquiry request within 4 months (EMS) or 6 months (others) otherwise forget it.

BTW have you checked royal mail track and trace?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhinner wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:39 am BTW have you checked royal mail track and trace?
Oh yes, always my first port of call. It remembers the number, so I can copy and paste into the Thai Post system. The Royal Mail system isn't as advanced as Thai Post......
RM.png
RM.png (82.67 KiB) Viewed 172 times

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Just wondered. I've had registered mail leave Thailand and quickly appear at the UK side then not move for 3 weeks. But you seem to be doing 'better' than that.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

This is a more normal tracking sequence to the UK for me:
track.thailandpost.png
track.thailandpost.png (161.75 KiB) Viewed 135 times
and despite what Thailand Post say (no signature), somebody in a UK Gov office obviously thought this would be an amusing signature:
sig.png
sig.png (16.86 KiB) Viewed 135 times

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ I had one of them as well.
Big Boy