'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Robert williams
Amateur
Amateur

Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by Robert williams »

A friend from Canada arrived obtaining 30 days on entry. He wants to know if he can do an extension at Dansinghon or must he go to Huahin. His efforts to find if Dansinghon can extend ran into the language barrier
buksida

Post by buksida »

Dansingkhon wont do anything aside from 90 day reports - all extensions must be done in Hua Hin.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
jungle

Post by jungle »

Is there a list of required paper work to extend a “O” visa based on retirement with the 65k income available at immigration
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

No, this would make it too easy for the customer.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Although if you search through this thread you’ll find various reports of what’s needed.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

It also depends on the whim of the officer. Last year I had to bring a copy of the house book with me for the first time, this year I didn't need it.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

pitsch wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:19 am It also depends on the whim of the officer. Last year I had to bring a copy of the house book with me for the first time, this year I didn't need it.
That's true of all visas.
Last year the info sheet for the retirement visa added photos of my wife and me in our bedroom. When we presented them the officer said they weren't necessary.

The only thing that is constant, for now, is the 1900 baht for the visa. I expect that will go up in the not too distant future.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

The requirement for a photo of wife and husband in the bedroom plus more is only a requirement for a marriage visa - having experience of both retirement and marriage visas
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

PET wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:39 pm The requirement for a photo of wife and husband in the bedroom plus more is only a requirement for a marriage visa - having experience of both retirement and marriage visas
Excuse me, you're correct.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

So what IS required for Retirement Visa extension as of now if someone has done it recently? Which forms and copies are needed? Non-Imm O, NOT O-A.
YNWA
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

huahin4ever wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:49 pm So what IS required for Retirement Visa extension as of now if someone has done it recently? Which forms and copies are needed? Non-Imm O, NOT O-A.
If it's convenient go to immigration at Bluport and ask them.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

handdrummer wrote:
huahin4ever wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:49 pm So what IS required for Retirement Visa extension as of now if someone has done it recently? Which forms and copies are needed? Non-Imm O, NOT O-A.
Yes, if it was convenient, but will arrive from abroad end of next month and will be in a hurry to make my extension so was hoping someone might have some recent update.

YNWA

YNWA
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

huahin4ever wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:40 pm
handdrummer wrote:
Yes, if it was convenient, but will arrive from abroad end of next month and will be in a hurry to make my extension so was hoping someone might have some recent update.

YNWA
Form T.M. 7 (with passport photo attached)

Copy of Passport (personal data and picture page, original visa page, most recent visa renewal stamp if applicable, departure card)

Financial section (letter from bank, copies of all 12 previous Credit Advice Receipts if doing 65k per month method, copy of last 12 months of your bank book and take your bank book as they may want to see it)( do a minor banking transaction just before visiting the bank to get the current date stamped in your bank book)

Residence section (copy of rental or lease agreement, or copies of the sale document if you bought the property)

1900 baht fee

If renewing a Non-Immigrant OA, then you need the Health Insurance Certificate in addition to the above.

I think that’s all of it but it’s late and I may have forgot something, if so someone else please jump in.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

( do a minor banking transaction just before visiting the bank to get the current date stamped in your bank book)
I've said this several times before. You don't have to do a 'minor bank transaction. Most banks will give a current entry in your book automatically. If not, just ask them to enter a balance enquiry. I've never found a problem.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

Sometimes they want to see a map of where you live (may be hand drawn) and sometimes they want to see the house book if you or your partner owns a house.