Look for Replacement Oxygen Concentrator Filters

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
PeteC

Re: Buying online from Lazada

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:49 am Thank you Pete, that looks like a pretty good option, and the price looks very reasonable as well. 1 filter lasts for about 9 months, so a pack of 100 would keep me going for a while :shock: :D. I'll give until Monday. If no joy with the original supplier by then, I'll give it a go.
Just change them every month at the price and quantity on hand. It will keep the air coming out super fresh I would think.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

We need to buy new filters for my wife's oxygen generator, which was purchased from Lazada.
This "filter" subject deserves a thread of its own! You buy a a Chinese machine that has a "filter" that does not show any specifications, not listed anywhere for a replacement, but you use it thinking that the piddly sized filter is some sort of magic device!

There are endless types of air filters, manufactured for endless applications with endless "ratings".
Here are some options:

https://www.air-quality-eng.com/air-cle ... iltration/

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsnano.0c03252#

https://medifyair.com/blogs/blog-feed/m ... difference

https://medifyair.com/blogs/blog-feed/m ... difference

https://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/re ... rence.html

If I had to depend on a similar machine to breathe, I think that I would be looking at some type of external additional rated filter, such as N95 standard. OR buy a repalcement rated cartridge for a facemask, of which there are many, remove the filter material and cut it to fit the existing position.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The problem is, at the time, it was the last machine available in Thailand (I was literally searching for weeks), and it came with spare filters. It has kept my wife very well for many months.

Now you have to make allowances for my zero technical knowledge in respect of almost anything. The machine functions well, and will continue to do so for about 200 more days, at which point the Chinese lady inside the machine will shout at me telling to change the filter - a job even I can do in seconds. My theory was, if it's not broken, just buy replacement filters to keep it perfect.

I am now getting the message that I can't buy spares. I now seem to have Pete's option, which is probably about 90% more filters than the expected life of the machine, or try to find a similar material and cut them myself. My fear is either option may not be the right material for the job, and it could affect my wife's lungs.

I've skimmed through your links, and I'm now thinking the wrong material in the filter would be no worse than making a face mask out of an old sock, or wearing a N95 grade mask. In reality, I always wear N95, and Mrs BB goes for something in between. So if the material is not quite right, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Thank you for making me think about it.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

PeteC wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:52 am
Big Boy wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:49 am Thank you Pete, that looks like a pretty good option, and the price looks very reasonable as well. 1 filter lasts for about 9 months, so a pack of 100 would keep me going for a while :shock: :D. I'll give until Monday. If no joy with the original supplier by then, I'll give it a go.
Just change them every month at the price and quantity on hand. It will keep the air coming out super fresh I would think.
I was on the verge of biting the bullet, but when I measured up, the diameter required is 40mm, these are 50mm.

I then looked at the 50mm alternative shown, which claims to supply 40mm as well, but couldn't find out how to order 40mm yet.

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Re: Look for Replacement Oxygen Concentrator Filters

Post by PeteC »

The 40mm was definitely on there when I first posted up the link. Amazon drops sizes from a page when one or more become out of stock. I would check back daily to see when 40mm is back in stock.

I looked at optional sellers and none list 40mm at present. :(
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, the 50mm definitely says 40mm available. I just haven't worked out how.
Specifications:
Material: Cotton
Color: White
Optional Diameter: 10mm / 0.39inch, 15mm / 0.59inch, 20mm / 0.79inch, 25mm / 0.98inch, 30mm / 1.18inch, 40mm / 1.57inch, 50mm / 1.97inch
Package Weight: Approx. 2-33g
Item Type: Filter Cotton
Function: Suitable for various kinds of beauty machine, such as blackhead removal machine, dermabrasion machine, etc.

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

For the machine to give a warning when the filter needs changing, it has to probably be using some form of detecting a pressure drop across the actual filter, or a small light source that detects a blockage.

Using a different material to that it is designed for could go either way. It may detect too soon, or it may not detect at all. It also will depend on where in the system the filter is located.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't think it is that scientific. The alarm goes off after every 100 hours of use :D.

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:57 pm I don't think it is that scientific. The alarm goes off after every 100 hours of use :D.
Really! That just goes to show how stupid it is! The life of any filter is direcrly related to what is passing through it, not how long it may be running.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, there is an over-riding instruction - do a Mk1 eyeball check occasionally, and if there are any black spots, change sooner.

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:19 pm No, the 50mm definitely says 40mm available. I just haven't worked out how.
Specifications:
Material: Cotton
Color: White
Optional Diameter: 10mm / 0.39inch, 15mm / 0.59inch, 20mm / 0.79inch, 25mm / 0.98inch, 30mm / 1.18inch, 40mm / 1.57inch, 50mm / 1.97inch
Package Weight: Approx. 2-33g
Item Type: Filter Cotton
Function: Suitable for various kinds of beauty machine, such as blackhead removal machine, dermabrasion machine, etc.
The 40mm is currently available from a different seller on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/ZJchao-Microderm ... 8GHNR&th=1 and you get 500 of them, but more expensive plus shipping as well. :D

The specification you quoted BB is for all sizes that the seller offers, not what Amazon may have in stock. If there is no tab showing the size, it's out of stock temporarily.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you Pete. If I get nothing from Lazada by Monday, this looks like a very good option.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I need to hold fire on this at the moment. The machine is so important to my wife, I was trying to get ahead of the game and be prepared.

We were driving through Market Village Car Park about an hour ago when my wife received a phone call from the machine supplier. Long story short, they will be in the Hua Hin area soon, and will call in with some filters :shock:

I guess it's worth waiting a few weeks to see if they arrive.

Points 48; Position 20