Chaindrite Termite spray?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Chaindrite Termite spray?

Post by LolaBeltran »

I searched the forum for information on the termite problem and gather that the pest control companies are expensive and their spraying and methods are no guarantee of success.

OK. We have been under a termite attack lately. We have an older development home (20+ years). They come from the ground where I assume they live on dead tree roots. I tried one of the expensive ( Baht 1000+) kits that purport to carry a deadly powder to the termite queen. It didnt work.

I have been liberally using Chaindrite spray. I clean off the mud tunnels and soak the place. It seems to work where I spray it, but they crop up in other areas. They are apparently in the cement block walls. What I wonder most about are the areas I cant see like the ceiling and roof beams. Our roof space gets VERY hot under the sun . .I wonder if this has any effect on keeping the termites out?

Questions:
1. Roughly how much does it cost for a 7 room house to be "treated and cared for" by a professional company?
2. How long does the Chaindrite spray last?
3. Does the white termite powder have any effect when sprinkled around outside the house along the walls?
3. Anyone have any suggestions or experiences that might help?
Thanks
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Chaindrite Termite spray?

Post by Nereus »

1. Roughly how much does it cost for a 7 room house to be "treated and cared for" by a professional company?
I pay 1,000 Baht per month for a 4 bedroom Villa.
2. How long does the Chaindrite spray last?
Out of a pressure pack spray can it will be different to chemical mixed with water, so difficult to say.
3. Does the white termite powder have any effect when sprinkled around outside the house along the walls?
As termites live underground, amongst other places, unlikely to to be of much use.
Our roof space gets VERY hot under the sun . .I wonder if this has any effect on keeping the termites out?
Heat will kill them, but unlikely to be hot enough in an open roof space to be of any use.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We pay 5,500฿ per annum for 6 rooms + a large cellar. That includes a monthly treatment + all adhoc problems. As you may have seen, we have had a few problems with rats in the last 12 months, we've also had an ant problem and a strange fly problem. Adhoc problems they are always there same day Monday to Saturday.

For me, it's a great service, for minimal money. Well worth it.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

We pay 7,000B a year but that also includes an extra 1,000 for having land of 1.1/2 Rai so our figure is just a little more than BB pays - our house is about 250 Sqr M.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Some years ago we had the early signs of a termite mound a few metres from the house. It was quickly dealt with as has been said they live underground and can eat through concrete.

The solution although drastic sorted it out. The whole nest was dug out including a couple of metres around the 'mound'. Powerful killer applied and dug into the soil around the area. Never saw them again.
LolaBeltran
Professional
Professional

Post by LolaBeltran »

Thanks everyone for the input. I am using the spray cans of Chaindrite with the plastic nozzle. It kills them on contact but I guess I have to keep checking to see if they return.