Aquarium in Prachuab

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
buksida

Aquarium in Prachuab

Post by buksida »

Image Image

Found this place around 10km south of Prachuab in a small district called Waghor. It seems that they're close to finishing the aquarium but havent got the admission system working yet so you can enter for free. Plenty of good sized aquariums inside with all manner of freshwater and marine fish, good info on ecosystems in the surrounding area also,

Was a little angered to see turtles in tanks that are obviously far too small for them but then Thais have never been the most conservation or environmentally minded people :roll:

Image "I should be in the ocean!"
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

You can practise your diving now.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Looks like these aquariums are popping up everywhere nowadays. In March I visited one in Suphanburi. Good thing thou, that had no douple pricing and the kids enjoyed it.
Last edited by Bamboo Grove on Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I'm looking forward to that big one in Bangkok opening, Siam Ocean World:

http://www.asiadivesite.com/news/asia-131005.php

Has anyone been to the Pattaya aquarium?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

It isnt qiute the same as seing them in the natural enviroment ,but yes a great oppertunaty for those who do not wish enter the food chain and go diving
as long as is doesnt become like the sad thing they call a crockodile farm in samut prakhan with the added cruelty of their zooalogical gardens ,let al the public experiance these wonderful sea born creatures
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

buksida wrote: Has anyone been to the Pattaya aquarium?
Yes I was born there. My mother was a squid and my father was a shark.

When I was born my dad took me to his his brother and said "Here is the sick squid I owe you"
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]