Petrol Heads

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
pharvey

Petrol Heads

Post by pharvey »

Well, with "Environmental Issues" EV's and Hybrids, it's a dying breed...... :(

Still, I love the roar of a V8 never mind the likes of a V (or W :D ) 12!!

I'm extremely lucky to have driven/raced a few cars on the Castle Combe circuit near Bath, UK - my latest experience however was quite something.

A fellow "Petrol Head" has recently taken delivery of an "Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione" (he's worth a few quid) and took me for a drive around the track. Absolutely gorgeous car and rather quick! :thumb: I was allowed to drive (slowly) for around a mile when the circuit was "closed".... :roll: :cry:

Production ceased in 2010 and I believe only 500 were ever made....

An absolute beauty: -
Alpha.jpg
Alpha.jpg (76.34 KiB) Viewed 632 times
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Petrol Heads

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:00 pm Well, with "Environmental Issues" EV's and Hybrids, it's a dying breed...... :(

Still, I love the roar of a V8 never mind the likes of a V (or W :D ) 12!!

I'm extremely lucky to have driven/raced a few cars on the Castle Combe circuit near Bath, UK - my latest experience however was quite something.

A fellow "Petrol Head" has recently taken delivery of an "Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione" (he's worth a few quid) and took me for a drive around the track. Absolutely gorgeous car and rather quick! :thumb: I was allowed to drive (slowly) for around a mile when the circuit was "closed".... :roll: :cry:

Production ceased in 2010 and I believe only 500 were ever made....

An absolute beauty: -
Alpha.jpg
A very lucky and as you’ve mentioned (he must be worth a few quid with prices you’d have to pay for one)
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/al ... -2007-2010

What a beauty!!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:59 pm
A very lucky and as you’ve mentioned (he must be worth a few quid with prices you’d have to pay for one)
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/al ... -2007-2010

What a beauty!!
I was guessing 6 figures with a 2 or 3 in front! Not something I could ever afford, but it was a joy to drive and be driven!! :thumb:

I'm still dreaming of a Bentley Continental...... Should I go for the 4.0 Ltr V8 or the 6.0 Ltr W12? :D I doubt I could afford to fill either up!!

:cheers: :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:59 pm
What a beauty!!
What I didn't mention was the colour. Same as in the photo (not his car), but incredible - I can only describe it as a mirror finish "Red Sapphire".... Truly incredible - doubt there's a cheap "touch-up" paint though!!

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Or then again, there's TVR.....

As a kid I had the posters of Ferraris and Lamborghinis on the wall, but I also had the TVR.... Quite British and quite wonderful - a lower priced "Supercar" (well, that's what I thought anyway)..... Some dodgy issues both mechanically and financially, TVR were taken over by a spoiled rich kid Russian who pretty much took the company years backwards before selling out back to a British consortium...... Thankfully they're back - If I could only afford one! :thumb:
TVR.jpg
TVR.jpg (126.07 KiB) Viewed 616 times
https://uk.motor1.com/news/482887/tvr-g ... pany-loan/