YouTube issue on smart TV

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: YouTube issue on smart TV

Post by thecolonel »

Pagey wrote:Colonel , I had the same problem about the time setting when I moved my box to the bedroom so make sure date and time are correct.

One thought is your home wi fi 5 G and the box only 2.4 G?
Thanks

Time and date are correct but the advice was to switch to Automatic. I can't get the box to work on either setting

My WiFi router, like many, has both 2.4 and 5g and according to the net the box works on both frequencies(if that's the correct term)

Again whichever one I select I can't get youtube/netflix or anything else to work

Thanks again for trying to help me, it's appreciated.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Wondering if this has anything to do with my troubles...

I think one is a True TV box(never watched ever) but is that inteferring with the box connection(via HDMI cable from box to TV)

But if I unplug one I lose my WiFi

Seem to need both

Stumped again!

Clearly I don't know what I'm doing, clutching at straws Image

buksida

Post by buksida »

Does the TV box have a LAN port? Could try that first to determine if the software is blocking the wifi.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:Does the TV box have a LAN port? Could try that first to determine if the software is blocking the wifi.
I connected the android box via an ethernet cable to both of the boxes in the photo, one at a time.

But nothing changed.

The android box recognised it was connected via ethernet but I was still unable to use any of the apps on the box(open YouTube netflix etc)

Like I say I'm concerned that this will happen with a new box that I buy too.

I suppose I need to determine whether or not the x96max box I tried is actually faulty or not by someone else trying it on another tv set up.

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

See above post. Same for Netflix Image

buksida

Post by buksida »

If it doesn't work with a LAN cable or Wifi (and other things do) it suggests that the issue is with the box and not your home internet setup. These things should be plug-and-play, just as a phone is.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:If it doesn't work with a LAN cable or Wifi (and other things do) it suggests that the issue is with the box and not your home internet setup. These things should be plug-and-play, just as a phone is.
Correct Buksi!

I loaned another box(exact same model coincidentally) and this box works!

This now give me peace of mind to buy a new one now I know that the other box was faulty and not my internet set up!

Now back to the selection process

Thanks