Noise cancelling wireless headphones

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Noise cancelling wireless headphones

Post by STEVE G »

pitsch wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:05 pm
Ginjaninja wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:40 pm Bose QC35 for me but quite expensive.
Use them on the plane all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes these have good reviews, so I bought them from Lazada for 500 Baht. But, as I feared, they were fake.
They cost over 200 euros here so I'm not surprised they were fake for 500 bt!
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

I have a set of cheap Awei smart Bluetooth earphones - the left and right are connected together with a wire that also makes an excellent antenna. No noise cancellation, but good for the odd occasion while out and about in Bangkok. Paired with my smart watch, I almost never have to take my phone out of my pocket. However, having said that, I also have one fake and one real set of Jabra elite 75t noise cancelling earbuds.
The way to tell them apart isn't difficult. The cheap ones are made of hard plastic, and the charging LEDs have only two colors. Red and blue. They also won't work with the dedicated app.
The real ones have a soft feel outer case and come in different colors. The LEDs are also multicolour to give you an indication of the functions. Also has a comfortable fit in the ear.
Much better sound quality too.
The price difference? The knockoffs go for around 500-1000 baht. The real ones are 7000 baht..
วินเชนท์
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

If you want a decent set, don't buy anything online. Go you a reputable shop, and test them out for fit and function. I tried a few that were quite atrocious so if you want a good one be prepared to fork out about as much as a mid range mobile phone.
วินเชนท์
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

To all those who have posted with positively helpful information, I am very grateful thanks

I've been busy last few days but I'll get my teeth into all this soon

Thanks again much appreciated

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

VincentD wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:16 pm I have a set of cheap Awei smart Bluetooth earphones - the left and right are connected together with a wire that also makes an excellent antenna. No noise cancellation, but good for the odd occasion while out and about in Bangkok. Paired with my smart watch, I almost never have to take my phone out of my pocket. However, having said that, I also have one fake and one real set of Jabra elite 75t noise cancelling earbuds.
The way to tell them apart isn't difficult. The cheap ones are made of hard plastic, and the charging LEDs have only two colors. Red and blue. They also won't work with the dedicated app.
The real ones have a soft feel outer case and come in different colors. The LEDs are also multicolour to give you an indication of the functions. Also has a comfortable fit in the ear.
Much better sound quality too.
The price difference? The knockoffs go for around 500-1000 baht. The real ones are 7000 baht..
All that you need now is some new glasses so that you can see when you have a message!! 8)
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Haha. Nope. Still on waiting list for cataract surgery, that'll be a while yet..
วินเชนท์
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

VincentD wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:38 pm Haha. Nope. Still on waiting list for cataract surgery, that'll be a while yet..
SO, check your message box with whatever you have!!!!!!!!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Just to revisit this topic, last night I was in my local bar in Europe and a friend was showing me his new noise cancelling headphones, Sony model WH-XB910.
I was shocked at how good this technology has got, in a busy bar they cut out about 80% of the ambient sound, I was so impressed I got out my phone and ordered a pair on the spot, 126 euros from Amazon.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

6,290 THB at the Thai Sony store.

https://store.sony.co.th/products/wh-xb910n
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Thanks Lads, I'm sure they're great Image

I've taken a slight detour on this project as I started to realise that you can actually get noise cancelling earphones. Having had traditional wired earphones I'd always assumed that you cant block out noise.

This type suits me better than headphones as I often like to sleep with music in ears and block out all other noise. And importantly i sleep on my side so headphones are out!

I think I've found the ones I want.

There's plenty of reviews on YouTube but if anyone has anything similar or any comments feel free.....

Thanks again

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.71e6B

VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

As always, if too good to be true, buyer beware. An online purchase of a massively discounted item with a long delivery time is something to be aware of.
วินเชนท์
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I'm with Vincent, 6548 Baht on Mifo's own website, Lazada screams copy to me at those prices.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Thanks guys

I somewhat misled you

The lazada link was to show the product

But then I added a YouTube vid which would have done same thing

I did not want to buy from Lazada and was looking to buy them in a shop in town ideally

Although I will say that I have returned some things to Lazada on grounds of not being quite perfect and had no issues with refunds(to date!)

But your concern is genuinely appreciated