Health Insurance Options

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
titomiako
Novice
Novice

Health Insurance Options

Post by titomiako »

I have just renewed my health insurance with the company I have been with for almost 10 years. My problem is that they have told me that they will not renew the policy after this time because of my age (66). I am in good health and have never needed to use my policy in my time with them. What I am looking for is a cheap alternative insurance provider as my pension is pretty small. I do not require outpatients or dental and only want basic cover incase Immigration finally decide to make it a requirement for a retirement visa. Any info would be appreciated.
PeteC

Re: Health Insurance Options

Post by PeteC »

So, basically what they have done is taken your money for 10 years as pure profit and have now kicked you out at a relatively young age with small to medium risk.

Please name and shame that company to warn others not to ever use them. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I know nothing about their policies, but I see their insurance ad many times a day when posting News articles from their site. It appears that they are a broker for major insurance companies. No harm in seeing what they have to offer. :cheers:

https://thethaiger.com/insurance/health/
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Many people using this forum use AA insurance for various types of cover including health insurance. They’re all pretty helpful, but Matt is probably the best person to try to contact

http://www.aainsure.net
Huahin@aainsure.net
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

When you mention a time frame of almost ten years, am I correct to assume this is with a local Thai insurance company, and they you have possibly worked in Thailand before? Just curious.
วินเชนท์
titomiako
Novice
Novice

Post by titomiako »

The office I have dealt with is in Bkk and has all been done online so no face to face contact or sales reps. In fact I cannot remember how I got started with them But it came as a shock when I was told they would not renew next year. Fortunately I have always enjoyed good health and hopefully that will continue.

Thanks for the replys and I will contact AA and Thaiger to try and get something sorted out.