Kaeng Krachan and Royal Ratchaburi

Sub-forum for discussion on golf in Hua Hin and Thailand.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Kaeng Krachan and Royal Ratchaburi

Post by thecolonel »

Can anyone give an to date sitrep on one or both of these courses?

Looking to play next week ideally but only if all is well

Condition? Deals? Etc all info appreciated

Many thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Re: Kaeng Krachan and Royal Ratchaburi

Post by HarryVardon »

Played Royal Ratchaburi last Tuesday. Perefect condition. Greenfee 800 Baht incl. caddy. 750 for buggy.
Not played Kaeng Krachan for a while. There is a very good deal going at Sawang. I think it is now 2800 for 2 rounds of golf (including caddy & buggy), 1 night in Hotle and 3 meals. You won't do much better than that. The course is also in very good condition.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

HarryVardon wrote:Played Royal Ratchaburi last Tuesday. Perefect condition. Greenfee 800 Baht incl. caddy. 750 for buggy.
Not played Kaeng Krachan for a while. There is a very good deal going at Sawang. I think it is now 2800 for 2 rounds of golf (including caddy & buggy), 1 night in Hotle and 3 meals. You won't do much better than that. The course is also in very good condition.
Much obliged kind Sir!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

HarryVardon wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:50 pm Played Royal Ratchaburi last Tuesday. Perefect condition. Greenfee 800 Baht incl. caddy. 750 for buggy.
I have never played Sawang, how would you rate it out of ten ref the other HH courses? Which one is it most comparable to... Royal? Thanks
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

The courses outside Hua Hin (Sawang, Kaeng Krachan, Royal Ratchaburi, Dragon Hills, etc.) are equal to or better than most courses in Hua Hin and much, much cheaper. The off-course facilities are not as good as in Hua Hin but they are more than adequate. If they were nearer to Hua Hin they would be full every day.
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Sawang is a good layout and usually in reasonable condition. Big drawback it is owned by Korean tour company so during the week is jammed with Koreans. They can turn a round of golf into a very slow unpleasant experience.
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Kaeng Krachan is a good layout but condition can be variable. The greens are never very good. Think green fee is B1000 so not great value compared to Ratchburi & Dragon Hills
PGS

Post by PGS »

Hi, anyone that has played Kaeng Krachan or Sawang lately? What are the courses like, greens, fairways, clubhouse? I am planning my golfvacation, and would like to experience other courses than the ones close to Hua Hin. Thank you!