Air Conditioning - Rain coming in

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Air Conditioning - Rain coming in

Post by thecolonel »

Anyone had any issues with rainwater getting inside their external air conditioning unit and then dripping from the internal AC unit down onto the floor?

Last night during that rain storm for the first time I had a rain water coming right through the air vents in the internal aircon unit dripping right onto my bedroom floor. By the time I noticed it there was approximately half a pint of water on the bedroom floor!

I naturally closed the unit but I was wondering whether on the outside the ventilation unit whether there is some kind of cover that you can put on it that will stop the rain water getting in but still allow it to breathe and do its job?

Also the question I would ask is is that should this rain water be getting in at all or does that scream of a fault somewhere?

TIA

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

VincentD
Ace
Ace

Re: Air Conditioning - Rain coming in

Post by VincentD »

Assuming yours is a typical split unit ac, that is not rain, but your drain is blocked. You'll need to get it cleaned and unblocked.
วินเชนท์
PeteC

Re: Air Conditioning - Rain coming in

Post by PeteC »

:agree: Happens to us as well from time to time when we haven't had the unit cleaned for too long. Exterior unit has nothing to do with it. Put a bucket under it until it's serviced. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source