Booster Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which booster vaccine have you received?

AstraZeneca
20%
Johnson & Johnson
No votes
Moderna
22%
Pfizer
44%
Sinopharm
4%
Sinovac
No votes
Other (Explain)
2%
4%

Total votes: 45

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Booster Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by hhinner »

IMG_20221201_193610.jpg
IMG_20221201_193610.jpg (266.65 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Went to Red Cross last week for Jab
no. 5

Pfizer this time(previously SV and 3 x AZ)

This clinic is great.

However, one small issue(which is very common to Thailand)

Prior to my going to the clinic I had actually phoned ahead, not once but twice, to check that I could come at a certain time and receive my fifth jab.
On the second time I phoned I enquired as to whether I could have AstraZeneca again and was then told that this was not available and I would have to have Pfizer. I accepted this and said yes I'll be there at 2:00pm as requested. ("OK Mister see you 2pm" )

However when I arrived at the clinic there is a lady who sits in the booth just near the door and I said hello I have come to have my fifth jab. So she then said "oh sorry Mister we are not doing jabs today. Sorry cannot"
She repeated twice I could not get a jab that day

WTAF!

"Why not?! I phoned up twice and asked and they told me to come... twice!"
I stood my ground and insisted I have a jab
She said "wait a moment..." So she then talks to a colleague and discusses with her for about 3 minutes
" Oh, okay mister you can come in" (followed by a grumpy attitude and huge loss of face when dealing with my registration form).

Now then, this sort of thing happens to me all the time in Thailand. And I have I've come to two simple conclusions

1. At least half of Thai staff are not very bright in truth. I'm just telling it how it is based on dozens of similar experiences. The other half are very good in fairness. The challenge is to find them and bypass the others(this is perhaps not exclusive to Thailand).

2. "Just say no!". So whenever a foreigner asks them anything if they don't know the answer they just automatically say no( it's not available, you can't have it, we can't order it, this room is not free, even though we promised it to you in writing) ..... Just say no! Even when they don't know the real answer, they just default to saying no.

This negative, 'knee jerk' lazy and unhelpful attitude drives me crazy.

The moral of this story is just don't accept no for an answer. Always ask to speak to their boss or colleague. It's then amazing how many times they then say yes to your perfectly reasonable and simple request.

Other than that, once inside my experience in this clinic was first class, as it was the previous time too. The nurse was a delight and the app was updated in minutes. Very impressive. Always give credit where its due.

In Thailand, it's all about sorting the wheat from the chaff. Partly my fault, I should really be more used to it by now and roll with it more

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I went yesterday at 1.30, got a form from the woman by the door, filled it in, went to the vaccination room. ID and Mor Phrom checked. Vaccinated. Whole thing couldn't have taken even 10 minutes.

Seems only Pfizer is available these days.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

"mai dai" is the fallback default answer for everything and everyone. Skin color has nothing to do with it. They pull the same crap with everyone. Our friends don't know the answer, do not want to know the answer, and are too lazy to find out. Cannot!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhinner wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:21 pm I went yesterday at 1.30, got a form from the woman by the door, filled it in, went to the vaccination room. ID and Mor Phrom checked. Vaccinated. Whole thing couldn't have taken even 10 minutes.

I know you were ahead of me getting jabbed. Was this your 5th, or your 6th jab please?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

centermid7 wrote:"mai dai" is the fallback default answer for everything and everyone. Skin color has nothing to do with it. They pull the same crap with everyone. Our friends don't know the answer, do not want to know the answer, and are too lazy to find out. Cannot!
Precisely! "Cannot"

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Now then, this sort of thing happens to me all the time in Thailand.
I've been here for 22 years and to my recollection, it hasn't happened to me once!!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:
hhinner wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:21 pm I went yesterday at 1.30, got a form from the woman by the door, filled it in, went to the vaccination room. ID and Mor Phrom checked. Vaccinated. Whole thing couldn't have taken even 10 minutes.

I know you were ahead of me getting jabbed. Was this your 5th, or your 6th jab please?
5th. So maybe I've fallen behind now. I haven't seen them offering 6th shots in any of their posts. Probably too soon.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you.

Yes, being worried about Mrs BB, I've stayed on top of jabs, and her (our) 6th is due early January. As you say, I haven't seen a 6th jab advertised yet, and was wondering if you had - obviously not.

Points 48; Position 20
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

HHTel wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:06 pm
Now then, this sort of thing happens to me all the time in Thailand.
I've been here for 22 years and to my recollection, it hasn't happened to me once!!
HHTel I think you have been very lucky then to be honest. Had a similar experience when I needed a PCR test and used Bangkok Hospital. Actually visited them to arrange a test, they said just turn up at whatever time which was a couple of days later and when I did they said the rules had changed and I could not get the test. As I was travelling very soon after and needed the test I stood my ground and only after a 'discussion' got it. It was back when they only just started doing tests in Hua Hin but the general 'no' response when they don't know or can't be bothered is something I have encountered in many places during the many years I have been in Hua Hin.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I must be living in a different Hua Hin. Regarding PCR tests, my daughter who flies to the US a couple of times a year has never had a problem. Of course PCR tests do take a bit longer so you have to plan for that. Since they've been dropped and replaced with an ATK test it's that much easier. Walk in and result and paperwork in an hour.

Personally, I've found store assistants very helpful, too helpful at times. The problem I've found is getting them to understand what I want. Others are usually called to help until one of them understands and explains it to the others.

I will say it again. Not had a problem unless something very minor which I've forgotten.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Covid-19 vaccine available for foreigners nationwide

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... nationwide

The Public Health Ministry plans for at least one Covid-19 vaccination centre per province for foreign tourists paying for shots, while foreign residents will continue to get free jabs.

Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, permanent secretary for health, said on Tuesday there should be vaccination centres in all provinces because foreign tourists did not limit their visits to only major provinces.

The vaccination service would be provided on a voluntary basis and the government would use only the vaccines that it procured, he said.

Foreigners staying long-term in the country would continue to receive free Covid-19 vaccines, in line with government policy to vaccinate everyone living here against the disease, Dr Opas said. This included businesspeople, workers and diplomats and their family members.

Dr Tares Krassanairawiwong, director-general of disease control, said his department provided a vaccination service at Bang Rak Medical Centre in Bangrak district and the Institute for Urban Disease Control and Prevention in Bang Khen district.

The department provided the same service at its travel medicine clinics in Chiang Mai, Chon Buri and Songkhla provinces, and also in Phuket province.

Foreign tourists must pay 800 baht for a shot of AstraZeneca vaccine or 1,000 baht per Pfizer vaccine dose, plus a 380 baht medical service fee, Dr Tares said.

The department had not so far given approval for private organisations to provide the service. It was still in the planning stage, he said.

Dr Thongchai Keeratihuttayakorn, director-general of medical services, said his department provided a vaccination service at its Institute of Dermatology, Lerdsin Hospital, Rajavithi Hospital and Nopparat Rajathanee Hospital and at Chiangmai Neurological Hospital.

The Institute of Dermatology and Rajavithi Hospital were main vaccination centres because they were near areas where foreign tourists stay and transport networks, and staff were long familiarised with providing services for foreigners, he said.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

vaccine1.png
vaccine1.png (106.59 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
Covid2.jpg
Covid2.jpg (81.3 KiB) Viewed 1378 times

Points 48; Position 20
thecolonel
Legend
Legend