Fifa 2022 World Cup Qatar

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Fifa 2022 World Cup Qatar

Post by Dannie Boy »

I only watched the 10-15 minutes of highlights on the BBC, but as a finale, it must go down as one of the best finals (other than 1966 of course!!). Not much to chose between both teams, but Argentina probably just deserved it over the full 130 minutes, or whatever it was?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Agree, it was a cracking game. Seen a few very tight finals that were 0-0 after 90 minutes, but not this one. Argentina dominated for three-quarters of it, running rings round the French, and thoroughly deserved the win in my book.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

OK, this is regarding the WC in 2026 and nothing to do with Qatar - BUT is interesting and it will be a completely different tournament! Pointless to start another thread (well, at least for 3-4 years time :wink: )

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64032538
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Wasn’t sure where to post this, but as it comes on the back of the World Cup……maybe in Fantasy Football?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... 9H2w%3D%3D

Cristiano Ronaldo will become an ambassador for Saudi Arabia's World Cup bid as part of the deal that has seen him join Al-Nassr.

The superstar attacker completed his move to the Saudi Pro League side on Friday night, ahead of the January transfer window. He will earn a staggering £173million per year through his basic salary, bonuses and image rights.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Maybe we need a football 'has beens', or football 'twilight years' thread :run:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Saudi Arabia? Maybe FIFA needs new management.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Ronaldo overpaid, self centred, past his prime, selfish not a team player gets 173 million pounds it is no longer football it is billionaires buying success. :banghead: :banghead: :cuss: :cuss:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

lindosfan1 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:10 pm Ronaldo overpaid, self centred, past his prime, selfish not a team player gets 173 million pounds it is no longer football it is billionaires buying success. :banghead: :banghead: :cuss: :cuss:
Complete joke as it has been for many years - these salaries border on criminal IMHO. How in God's name does anyone deserve this salary, let alone a petulant prick well past his sell-by-date?

Does no good for football or sport in general... An insult quite frankly :(
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Well hey, maybe not the place to post - BUT not much point in starting a new thread... And it seems to have been his last tournament.

He has been great for Wales and Welsh football as a whole - love that he did actually get to the World Cup. Unfortunately it was a trip too far and he did nothing when he got there (neither did Ramsey).. :( :cry:

He's hardly short of a penny and will certainly enjoy life and his golf! I've far more respect for him than I do for the likes of Ronaldo (but of course I'm biased)

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... dium=email

:cheers: :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pharvey wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:24 am Well hey, maybe not the place to post - BUT not much point in starting a new thread... And it seems to have been his last tournament.

He has been great for Wales and Welsh football as a whole - love that he did actually get to the World Cup. Unfortunately it was a trip too far and he did nothing when he got there (neither did Ramsey).. :( :cry:

He's hardly short of a penny and will certainly enjoy life and his golf! I've far more respect for him than I do for the likes of Ronaldo (but of course I'm biased)

To put a name against the link, it is of course Gareth Bale who has decided to hang up his boots. A very good player at his peak, although he was a bit vulnerable to injury which prevented him achieving even greater status.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:52 am
pharvey wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:24 am Well hey, maybe not the place to post - BUT not much point in starting a new thread... And it seems to have been his last tournament.

To put a name against the link, it is of course Gareth Bale who has decided to hang up his boots. A very good player at his peak, although he was a bit vulnerable to injury which prevented him achieving even greater status.
I thought I’d add this as well, some fabulous goals here.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64214855