MRI Scan in Hua Hin

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: MRI Scan in Hua Hin

Post by thecolonel »

handdrummer wrote:
thecolonel wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:47 pm
lindosfan1 wrote: Well you need to read what I wrote. Hear are the time details for scanning I have a single scan..
Well if there is such a thing as short/single MRI scan then I stand corrected! My bad.

However Im sure that the majority of MRI scans are over 30 mins and probably average 40/45 mins

Thinking on, I've had an MRI that lasted over an hour. Not an enjoyable experience especially with a bad back! ImageImage

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
Even worse if you're claustrophobic.
Yes I am too, as previously mentioned.

However, what I have found is that if I go in feet first, that Im not 100% fully inside the tube and I can just about see the room ceiling, even by tipping my head back occasionally, then I can just about bear it

They once put me in head first and, to my genuine surprise at the time, I just freaked out and hit the panic button.

As you know they often give people meds to help them cope with such symptoms. Think it's mostly Diazepam(valium)

The size of the barrel is important too as some are smaller than others

Of course many non-claustrophobics won't understand.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: MRI Scan in Hua Hin

Post by handdrummer »

"Yes I am too, as previously mentioned.

However, what I have found is that if I go in feet first, that Im not 100% fully inside the tube and I can just about see the room ceiling, even by tipping my head back occasionally, then I can just about bear it

They once put me in head first and, to my genuine surprise at the time, I just freaked out and hit the panic button.

As you know they often give people meds to help them cope with such symptoms. Think it's mostly Diazepam(valium)

The size of the barrel is important too as some are smaller than others

Of course many non-claustrophobics won't understand."

My first experience they told me that I could bring a cd of whatever music I liked and they'd play it through the speakers in the machine. That helped to take my mind off the enclosure.