Twelve Victory currency exchange in Hua Hin

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
ChichoSpit
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Twelve Victory currency exchange in Hua Hin

Post by ChichoSpit »

Can you change Baths to USD?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

ChichoSpit wrote:Can you change Baths to USD?
Yes and showers
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

Thank you desperate Dan for this afternoons chuckle,and the answer is yes to the op,but be careful on the quality of the bills you get,several locations inside and outside of Thailand are becoming very,very particular on the notes,especially 100's
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Twelve Victory is the first money exchange company in HH from which I've been able to buy a foreign currency. Other times, the answer was either they didn't do that or they didn't have the currency I wanted. I've gotten that second answer after waiting near a booth until after I saw someone exchange the currency I wanted. Twelve Victory had a big stack of 100 Euro notes, some 50s and the best rate. To top it off, the clerk took the time to sift through the notes to select for me the better quality ones. I'll be back.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I know this thread is ancient, but does anyone know if this currency exchange is still operating on the bottom level of MV?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm fairly sure it is. If not, they have one on the top floor as well.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Jai »

Basement kiosk is still open and as Big Boy mentioned there is another one upstairs.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Cheers guys, good to know. Need some greenbacks since Wise is turning out to be a ballache ... so much for tech and "convenience", cash is king.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

A few years ago I tried exchanging baht for dollars in Hua Hin but no exchange office made it and the banks said it takes a few days. But at the airport I had no problems.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The junta put restrictions on forex a few years ago, will find out soon if they're still in place.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

No issues to exchange Baht for Euro at least. Done this multiple times the last few years at both stalls in MV.

YNWA

YNWA
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I was passing the branch in the basement a couple of days ago and there was quite a queue there so allow a bit of time if you need to use it.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

STEVE G wrote:I was passing the branch in the basement a couple of days ago and there was quite a queue there so allow a bit of time if you need to use it.
Same yesterday. But no queue at upstairs office.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Just to confirm both branches of Twelve Victory were in operation at the weekend. Yes, there were queues but no worse than going to the bank.

The exchange rate was pretty spot on, matching what XE was showing at the time (33.6 baht to the dollar). It was a bit of a challenge getting smaller notes (didn't want the 100s which are hard to break), but got there in the end!