InDrive app for taxis

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Bubba1

InDrive app for taxis

Post by Bubba1 »

This is a great app to get around Hua Hin. Similar to Grab or Bolt but you name your own price and the drivers bid on it.

There is also a city to city feature I went from Bangkok to Hua Hin for 1250 baht including the toll where most taxis are 1800 these days.
Last edited by Bubba1 on Wed May 31, 2023 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: InDrive app

Post by Dannie Boy »

Bubba1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:40 am This is a great app to get around Hua Hin. Similar to Grab or Bolt but you name your own price and the drivers bid on it.

There is also a city to city feature I went from Bangkok to Hua Hin for 1250 baht including the toll where most taxis are 1800 these days.
Was that you travelling on your own or did you have to share? Even 1800 is still cheap, I pay considerably more using a regular taxi, but we’ve known the driver for years and he’s never let us down and is a safe driver - using an unknown driver can (but not necessarily) be risky.
Bubba1

Post by Bubba1 »

Dannie Boy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:08 am
Bubba1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:40 am This is a great app to get around Hua Hin. Similar to Grab or Bolt but you name your own price and the drivers bid on it.

Was that you travelling on your own or did you have to share? Even 1800 is still cheap, I pay considerably more using a regular taxi, but we’ve known the driver for years and he’s never let us down and is a safe driver - using an unknown driver can (but not necessarily) be risky.
No sharing . Once you get the bids and pick a driver you can call them as their number is shared in the app. We confirmed a couple of times and the driver showed up early in a metered taxi
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Now that's being "a cheap Charlie" as someone on the forum would say :wink: :wink:
Are you British by the way ? :wink: :wink:
Bubba1

Post by Bubba1 »

joelle wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:22 am

Now that's being "a cheap Charlie" as someone on the forum would say :wink: :wink:
I am not really into name calling but what do you call a person that over pays? LDOP or Lame Dupe Over Payer?
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Bubba1 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:32 am
joelle wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:22 am

I am not really into name calling but what do you call a person that over pays? LDOP or Lame Dupe Over Payer?
:thumb: :cheers: :wink: