Water Pumps

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Re: Water Pumps

Post by VincentD »

Buksi, I have had loads of headaches with these types of pressure pumps. I note that you say, 'it doesn't sound quite right'. Seeing as the pressure switch is new, and that you have bled off all the air from the top portion, the only thing that will cause this unending operation is a crack in the tank. Hard to spot, but if there is a wet patch that is probably where the problem lies. You can get a temporary fix by 1) giving it to Somchai at his roadside welding shop (not recommended, it doesn't last), 2) get a replacement tank, sold separately at most hardware shops, will give you another year or three, or do like I finally did and ditch this for a 'tankless' type. I got a 'Fujika' brand about 10 years ago, it did develop leaks twice, but the agent sent his repair person each time and got it fixed in a timely manner.
My two baht worth.
วินเชนท์
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Oh, and when the bearing is on its way out, it can be heard three houses over when in operation. Yes, it can be replaced, but finding a tech and getting him to come with the correct part is another matter. At least in Bangkok it is not as troublesome, just call the agent. Something you may just want to try, as they typically outsource the repairs to a local..
วินเชนท์
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

If you can’t get anybody to look at it, you might be better off biting the bullet and replacing it with a new one?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Mulling all options at the moment, but I do like to try and repair stuff before just shelling out again (for something we seldom need).

Might go old school, can't see this playing up, no power required either!

bucket.jpg
bucket.jpg (99.46 KiB) Viewed 904 times
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

.....................and that you have bled off all the air from the top portion, the only thing that will cause this unending operation is a crack in the tank.
I am going to take you to task with this, Vincent, as it is BS. I have already posted how these things operate.

The correct terminology for systems similar to these is" Hydrophore". By definition they require air in the "top portion" to operate. On bigger systems, such as used on ships, the tank has a rubber bladder inside that seperates the air and water. The "top portion" has an airline connection, usually through a pressure reducing valve, to provide the system pressure. It depends on the capacity of the holding tank just what pressure is required. The bigger the tank, the bigger the draw off before the pump runs again to replace system water use. They are also usually arranged with 2 pumps in parallel so that either can be used in the event of a pump problem.

It would need a humongous "crack" in the tank to cause continuos running, which would be very obvious!

The above is posted as usefull information, NOT as having a go at you! (yet) :twisted:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!