Power of Attorney

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Power of Attorney

Post by dundrillin »

I asked my lawyer to set up a Power of Attorney so that my wife could handle my affairs as a result of any future incapacity. He advised that no such thing could be set up under Thai Law! Instead there seems to a myriad possible avenues to explore ranging appointing the courts to manage your affairs orin the case of property obtain multiple forms from the land office, likewise forms can be obtained from the bank to instruct them in the event of illness.
Came as a bit of a surprise to me.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Power of Attorney

Post by HHTel »

See another lawyer. Power of Attorney is very possible in Thailand. I've given away Power of Attorney on various occasions to handle stuff for me.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

dundrillin wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:59 pm I asked my lawyer to set up a Power of Attorney so that my wife could handle my affairs as a result of any future incapacity. He advised that no such thing could be set up under Thai Law! Instead there seems to a myriad possible avenues to explore ranging appointing the courts to manage your affairs orin the case of property obtain multiple forms from the land office, likewise forms can be obtained from the bank to instruct them in the event of illness.
Came as a bit of a surprise to me.
Your not using the lawyer that I suggested? He set up a POA from my daughter to sell our house, which worked just recently.
Maybe, they mean just a Farang cannot set up a POA?
The same lawyer was the executor of my Will, so that may also be what was meant? OR, he is just hanging out for a bigger fee!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Hi , i'm in Buriram at the moment but I'm due back in HuaHin in early February and will go to see your guy again. Incidentally I was very pleased with the work he did for me re the condo purchase.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

HHTel wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:04 pm See another lawyer. Power of Attorney is very possible in Thailand. I've given away Power of Attorney on various occasions to handle stuff for me.
thanks for that it did seem strange to me.